New to home theatre syste. Pls guide.

Pardeep_Mahajan

Friends I am planning to buy focal sib & co 5.1 with focal sub air woofer and Nad 748 avr as suggested by somebody. Pls advise how is this and what shud b d price. Kindly help me out.

Hi Pradeep,
It would be help ful if you could specifiy a few things
a. Budget
b. Room size
c. usage i.e. what percentage of movies and music would you put through this system..
above points will help us guide you better..
Cheers
Ravi

Hi Pradeep,
It would be help ful if you could specifiy a few things
a. Budget
b. Room size
c. usage i.e. what percentage of movies and music would you put through this system..
above points will help us guide you better..
Cheers
Ravi

Ravi ji,
Budget around 1.60 lacs. Room 20*20. 70% music. Pls guide. And also pls advise that the combination which I am saying is good or not as I cant understand thier technical specifications.

Ravi ji,
Room size 20ft*20ft. Budget 1.60 lacs. 70% music. Also kindly advise me on the combination that I asked of focal sib & co 5.1 with focal sub air woofer and Nad 748 avr. Price quoted to me after discount is 1.76 lacs of this combination. I couldn't understand the specifications as they were a bit technical type.

Do explore other speaker options for the 5.1 set. If your preference is music, satellites won't help much. For a 20*20 room, you can even opt for floorstanders. The Focal speakers look a bit overpriced for their features. Also, what is your location? A NAD AVR is not a popular choice typically in India. Look at Marantz/Yamaha/Denon or maybe even an Emotiva.

Do explore other speaker options for the 5.1 set. If your preference is music, satellites won't help much. For a 20*20 room, you can even opt for floorstanders. The Focal speakers look a bit overpriced for their features. Also, what is your location? A NAD AVR is not a popular choice typically in India. Look at Marantz/Yamaha/Denon or maybe even an Emotiva.

+1 for the floorstanders and Focals being over-priced.
your room size being big, floorstanders make sense.

since you would be listening to music a lot and considering your budget I would suggest a 3 speaker system to begin with (2 Floorstanders and a center channel for movies). Add the surround later. Buy a good set of Floor standers.

Hi Pradeep,
1.6 lakh is a decent budget and since your major use will be for music we will try to build a system that is more oriented to music with decent movie performance. You got to split the budget into 60-40 for speaker /amp.
Your best bet for music is a stereo amp.. but there are many others AVRs which are pretty good with music e.g marantz, Arcam, NAD. at your budget best VFM would be marantz SR 5009
The Marantz SR5009 is loaded with almost every feature you might want. Eight HDMI 2.0 inputs are available (including one on the front panel), as well as two outputs (both for the main zone). Video upscaling is on board for both analog and HDMI sources, all the way up to 4K/30Hz resolution.Wireless networking is included, as is Apple Airplay, DLNA 1.5, Spotify Connect, Flickr, and vTuner internet radio. Gapless playback is supported, as is a wide variety of file formats, including MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA, AIFF, FLAC 192kHz/24bit, DSD, and ALAC. In addition, Marantzs remote app is available for iOS and Android devices. 100watts of power will give you sufficient dynamics for music and movies
You need to check prices in your area (where are you based??)

For speakers you could look at these brands
JBL
Jamo
Dali
Tannoy
Dali Ikon series is a wonderful set of speaker that compliments marantz but you will have to audition them to decide for your self..

FM's any more suggestions from ur side.

Pick an midrange to high end AVR.. This should comfortably handle music/movies with ease.... Though your room size is big 20 x 20, i assume you are not going to sit very far away from your system... You can consider some very good bookself speakers.... Easy on pocket & gives you more options to buy additional speakers....

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back