New Turntable

But I prefer Clearaudio... Usually a little pricier but very very satisfying...
0688_142335_110_clearly.jpg

...and looks good too.
Any new addition to your vinyl collection malvai ? :)

Having two motors out of phase is a great idea in the Blackbird. One thing I don't like about it is the direct coupling of the motors to the platter. One is fine, but when you have two, even small differences in the motors and the "energy" doesn't cancel out perfectly between the two. Then the "noise" transfers directly to the platter.

Love the two tonearm mounting though!

By the way, I see you have quite the Einstein electronics collection there! I love their phonostage to no end. Though solid state, it sounds like there are some tubes in there. Beautiful sounding stuff.

I would urge people to have a listen at Jochen's place... my experience with the electronics has been absolutely mind blowing.

Hi Manoj,

I think the P3 with a Elys is a good choice for an entry to the vinyl world. There are quite a number of budget phono amps available also. But my recommendation is don't buy too cheap. Good and reasonably priced amps which I have heard are: Lehmann Black Cube 2 @ appox. 450 Euro Lehmannaudio :: HighEnd vom Toningenieur :: Black Cube and Trigon Vanguard 2 @ approx. 380 Euro Trigon Audio - Elektronik GmbH Kassel . Vanguard2 has the advantage that you can upgrade this amp with an external battery power supply Volcano2 for another 380 Euro.
Trigon may not be known to many here on the forum. Before starting the company the owners have done a lot of OEM developments for reputed HiFi manufacturers. Their most outstanding development at that time was perhaps the legendary Ortofon step-up transformer (now out of production) for the SPU pick-ups.
Regarding an upgrade for the cartridge my recommendation is the one and only Denon DL103. Works very well with the RB300 arm. Otherwise there are again so many alternatives. If you don't want to go for DL103 just look in the product cataloges of Ortofon and Audio Technica. I'm sure you'll find something that suits you.

Regards,
Jochen Semler
The Listening Room
Bangalore

P.S. Just call me by my given name Jochen please.

Hi Jochen,
Thanks a lot for your advise. Have ordered the Rega p3-24 from the Life style audio & video, Pune, who are the authorized dealers for Rega products in India.
Had been searching the net for suitable pre-amp for last few weeks. But now your reco has helped me identify the right product. Once again, THANKS.
Manoj Sharan

Hi Jochen,
Thanks a lot for your advise. Have ordered the Rega p3-24 from the Life style audio & video, Pune, who are the authorized dealers for Rega products in India.
Had been searching the net for suitable pre-amp for last few weeks. But now your reco has helped me identify the right product. Once again, THANKS.
Manoj Sharan

Thanks Manoj, you've got a PM.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back