Newbie looking for recommendations

Krishnakumar1418

Hi everyone

I am Krishnakumar. I am an audio enthusiast, my interest in audio has soared recently and this forum and been a trigger of sorts too. Very excited to be here.

Bought a Norge 2060 yesterday and powered up a gorgeous Bose 601 from the late 70s I believe that it has been with my family since then. They haven’t been used for over 20 years and they sounded absolutely beautiful when i fired them up.

I am looking to match some nice bookshelf speakers to the Norge 2060 and connect it to my TV. I’m not heading down the surround sound road just yet. Is there anywhere I could find a pair of used Wharedales? Any advice on this would be highly appreciated; I am looking to keep the speakers under a budget of 18k.

Cheers and thanks!

Hi everyone

I am Krishnakumar. I am an audio enthusiast, my interest in audio has soared recently and this forum and been a trigger of sorts too. Very excited to be here.

Bought a Norge 2060 yesterday and powered up a gorgeous Bose 601 from the late 70s I believe that it has been with my family since then. They haven’t been used for over 20 years and they sounded absolutely beautiful when i fired them up.

I am looking to match some nice bookshelf speakers to the Norge 2060 and connect it to my TV. I’m not heading down the surround sound road just yet. Is there anywhere I could find a pair of used Wharedales? Any advice on this would be highly appreciated; I am looking to keep the speakers under a budget of 18k.

Cheers and thanks!

Hi

Welcome to HFV.

This is an interesting platform with a lot of members with rich experience and knowledge...all this is reflected in the various posts under different threads......

Happy Browsing....I am sure you will already find answers to the challenges or queries you have around AV.

Nice to hear that you have the Bose 601s...really good speakers......

Why dont you look at OLX and see some decent speakers being sold by individuals? Sometimes some dealers have good stuff....also look at our For Sale by Owner section on this website...audition, review and make the purchase...all the best!

Hi

Welcome to HFV.

This is an interesting platform with a lot of members with rich experience and knowledge...all this is reflected in the various posts under different threads......

Happy Browsing....I am sure you will already find answers to the challenges or queries you have around AV.

Why dont you look at OLX and see some decent speakers being sold by individuals? Sometimes some dealers have good stuff....also look at our For Sale by Owner section on this website...audition, review and make the purchase...all the best!

Thank
Hi

Welcome to HFV.

thank you so much for this. This was very informative!

You have few options in pioneer BS22, Mission LX2, JBL Stage 120 etc in that price range. Did you check Norge speakers?

Thank you for your suggestions. I was looking for the LX1; but stocks weren’t available. Finally decided on the Polk Rti A1 after an audition. Had to stretch the budget to 20k. But they sounded great to me, so I gave in :D

The polks RtiA1s and Norge 2060 have been beautiful to my ears so far. A tad bright sometimes though.

It’s been a little over a month and my ears have been feeling that a bit more on the lower end would be satisfying. Any advice on the kind of subwoofer that would pair well with the RtiA1 & Norge 2060 combo would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back