(Newbie)Need your suggestions for a suitable setup for a bedroom?

karansingh93

Greeting fellow members, I am new to this hobby. Just bought a new tv (55 inch Samsung frame) for my parents room. Currently the tv is hooked to a samsung soundbar and would like to upgrade the sound setup.The soundbar while watching a movie on netflix distorts and ruins the enjoyment. I looked at market options. Have demo'ed new samsung q60t and q800t soundbars - in store it was sounding a bit boomy and loud. I couldn't judge the quality in big wide showroom hall. So looking at other high quality options. The room size is 14ft * 11ft. After a bit reading here and there, I am somewhat sure that Initially i would get an receiver(5.1 or 7.1), Front speakers and a sub. Then further down the line i will get surround speakers for the setup.
They watch 70 percent cable content, 20 percent youtube and 10 percent netflix,prime content. Should i just get them an HTIB package or a new soundbar or the small setup i mentioned above. Would appreciate your input and suggestions.
Budget - 30-40k
Regards

Attaching a picture of current setup of room.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-11-11 at 1.52.52 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-11 at 1.52.52 PM.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 82
Congratulation on your new purchase!
If wiring is not concern, you can opt for HTiB. Yamaha 1840 is good option and it is available for 31k (28k with card discount) at Reliance Digital

Congratulation on your new purchase!
If wiring is not concern, you can opt for HTiB. Yamaha 1840 is good option and it is available for 31k (28k with card discount) at Reliance Digital
Thanks for your suggestion, sadly this doesnt have BT, which is one of our requirement. Also in some reviews the subwoofer seems not good(being passive). No Dolby atmos. What would be the best bang for buck under 50k?

Thanks for your suggestion, sadly this doesnt have BT, which is one of our requirement. Also in some reviews the subwoofer seems not good(being passive). No Dolby atmos. What would be the best bang for buck under 50k?
Dolby content will be very limited in the content you mentioned. Atmos require proper height speakers and atmos in soundbar is more like a marketing gimmick. They use upward firing speakers, I don't how effective it will be in providing the height effect.

Dolby content will be very limited in the content you mentioned. Atmos require proper height speakers and atmos in soundbar is more like a marketing gimmick. They use upward firing speakers, I don't how effective it will be in providing the height effect.
So mate what do you think i should get? I am really confused. Just want a surround system with clear audio and punchy but not boomy over exaggerated bass. Should i get a basic soundbar like samsung q60t or get a 5.1 HTIB package? Thanks

So mate what do you think i should get? I am really confused. Just want a surround system with clear audio and punchy but not boomy over exaggerated bass. Should i get a basic soundbar like samsung q60t or get a 5.1 HTIB package? Thanks
You must aim for an HTiB to start with which you enjoy for an year because after that you would itch for a proper 5.1 or 7.1 at the least.

Go for a htib, it would beat sound bars in audio quality. You can check out yamaha 3072 htib, has Bluetooth but no atmos and it comes under your budget as well.

This being your parents' bed room are they ok with the wires? This being an audiophile forum you'll get advice for components always.
If it is a really crappy old sound bar try watching directly from TV speakers and see first.

This being your parents' bed room are they ok with the wires? This being an audiophile forum you'll get advice for components always.
If it is a really crappy old sound bar try watching directly from TV speakers and see first.
Haven't thought of that actually. I did ask him just now, he prefers a clean setup in his room.So Should i just stick with new soundbar or HTIB?
My father has complained about lack of sound clarity and distortion in audio from the current samsung soundbar. He tried using tv speakers the day we got the tv but he is used to listening loud via soundbar, so using tv speakers is not an option.

Go for a htib, it would beat sound bars in audio quality. You can check out yamaha 3072 htib, has Bluetooth but no atmos and it comes under your budget as well.
Thanks.Any personal experience with 3072? is it significantly beter than yamaha 1840? I just thought i could also get an BT adapter for 1840.

You must aim for an HTiB to start with which you enjoy for an year because after that you would itch for a proper 5.1 or 7.1 at the least.
Any recommendations? I am planning to keep the setup for next 4-5 years. So maybe if i get 5.1 now, i won't feel the need to upgrade for next few years.

Any day 5.1 HTiB over soundbar. Better still start with a receiver and 2.1 or 3.1 for good clear sound and then go for the surrounds , height speakers. I doubt any cable program (70% of your watching) will have audio beyond 5.1. If bluetooth is for music via phone a TPLink bluetooth receiver will connect to your Aux-in and work fine.

Something like this maybe

Haven't thought of that actually. I did ask him just now, he prefers a clean setup in his room.So Should i just stick with new soundbar or HTIB?
My father has complained about lack of sound clarity and distortion in audio from the current samsung soundbar. He tried using tv speakers the day we got the tv but he is used to listening loud via soundbar, so using tv speakers is not an option.
Clean setup means what, running wires is ok? Then go for HTiB. Since you mention surround sound Q60T soundbar is a weird option to be in the considering.

Another option is to go for soundbar with rear surround kit: Samsung T670 which is T650 with wireless rear speakers.

Thanks.Any personal experience with 3072? is it significantly beter than yamaha 1840? I just thought i could also get an BT adapter for 1840.
Yep, my father uses it in home and it sounds clean and crisp. He settled for 3072 after auditioning soundbar setups from sony. As for comparing it with 1840, its significantly better and you'd get an active subwoofer, bluetooth and usb plus support for DTS HD master audio and Dolby TrueHD.

Thanks for the reply guys. I chose the soundbar route again. As father wanted a clean no wires setup. I was confused between q60t and T670 Samsung soundbars. Eventually i got the T670 to get the surround effect with wireless rear speakers.
Planning a setup for our living room, but will be able to do that next year. Until then I’ll keep checking other threads here to get some info on it.
Happy diwali to you all!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back