(Newbie)Need your suggestions for a suitable setup for a bedroom?

Thanks for the reply guys. I chose the soundbar route again. As father wanted a clean no wires setup. I was confused between q60t and T670 Samsung soundbars. Eventually i got the T670 to get the surround effect with wireless rear speakers.
Planning a setup for our living room, but will be able to do that next year. Until then I’ll keep checking other threads here to get some info on it.
Happy diwali to you all!
Do let me know how is the sound quality of the T670, especially the bass department and compared to the Q60T. Did you even check the JBL 5.1?

Greeting fellow members, I am new to this hobby. Just bought a new tv (55 inch Samsung frame) for my parents room. Currently the tv is hooked to a samsung soundbar and would like to upgrade the sound setup.The soundbar while watching a movie on netflix distorts and ruins the enjoyment. I looked at market options. Have demo'ed new samsung q60t and q800t soundbars - in store it was sounding a bit boomy and loud. I couldn't judge the quality in big wide showroom hall. So looking at other high quality options. The room size is 14ft * 11ft. After a bit reading here and there, I am somewhat sure that Initially i would get an receiver(5.1 or 7.1), Front speakers and a sub. Then further down the line i will get surround speakers for the setup.
They watch 70 percent cable content, 20 percent youtube and 10 percent netflix,prime content. Should i just get them an HTIB package or a new soundbar or the small setup i mentioned above. Would appreciate your input and suggestions.
Budget - 30-40k
Regards
I did something unusual recently in my guest bedroom, where my parents who are visiting for some time are staying. I have 50" tv there, and I attached an apple TV and a homepod. Apple TV streams audio to homepod via airplay, homepod has music streaming. from what I can see, while unconventional, it would tick all most of the boxes. (you could buy two and do a stereo Setup). the big wrinkle is you would have to cut the cord and go OTT (digital vversion of cable -- hotstar, sonyliv etc)

sounds far better than the JBL 3.1 soundbar that it replaced. only problem, it does not go loud (at least not earsplittingly loud) but its parents, right, so really loud is not required.

hope my experience gives you some food for thought.

best wishes

EDIT = sorry posted without going through the whole thread. you've already closed the deal. happy listening

TBH, Go for the cheapest soundbar from LG or Polk or Yamaha that would support Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
This will remove all the hassles of wires and drilling, Honestly. Yes you will compromise a bit of quality compared to dedicated HT setup but far better than the cheap samsung soundbar that you have.

UPDATE:-
Received the T670 Sound bar on Monday. Installation was done yesterday by Samsung team. Connection with wireless rear surround speakers works very well. Setup looks clean in my parents room. Now coming to sound quality compared to previous sound bar(F450 Samsung). Sound is more clear without overpowering bass. Bass is punchy but subtle(better than q60t i tested in showroom). I tested the sound by playing several 5.1 movies on Netflix and prime. You get the surround feeling like in cinema. But one thing that is bothering me a bit. When I play these 5.1 movies on OTT, the vocals are sounding low. Not sure why. I've tempered with settings like increasing the treble, decreasing the bass, changing sound modes (only game mode has bit clear vocals compared to others like surround, Dtx virtual etc.). While playing YouTube, cable etc. the vocals come through rear speakers as well so in that scenario vocals get prominent and well balanced. Don't know what could be the reason behind this. I've hooked up this sound bar with tv using an digital optical. Anything I can do to increase the vocals when playing OTT 5.1 Dolby content. Please do share your suggestions on how can I make it better?
Overall for the price I paid i am happy. Also got a free 32inch Samsung tv free with it( have hooked it up in my office).
Have a great day. Cheers!

TBH, Go for the cheapest soundbar from LG or Polk or Yamaha that would support Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
This will remove all the hassles of wires and drilling, Honestly. Yes you will compromise a bit of quality compared to dedicated HT setup but far better than the cheap samsung soundbar that you have.

UPDATE:-
Received the T670 Sound bar on Monday. Installation was done yesterday by Samsung team. Connection with wireless rear surround speakers works very well. Setup looks clean in my parents room. Now coming to sound quality compared to previous sound bar(F450 Samsung). Sound is more clear without overpowering bass. Bass is punchy but subtle(better than q60t i tested in showroom). I tested the sound by playing several 5.1 movies on Netflix and prime. You get the surround feeling like in cinema. But one thing that is bothering me a bit. When I play these 5.1 movies on OTT, the vocals are sounding low. Not sure why. I've tempered with settings like increasing the treble, decreasing the bass, changing sound modes (only game mode has bit clear vocals compared to others like surround, Dtx virtual etc.). While playing YouTube, cable etc. the vocals come through rear speakers as well so in that scenario vocals get prominent and well balanced. Don't know what could be the reason behind this. I've hooked up this sound bar with tv using an digital optical. Anything I can do to increase the vocals when playing OTT 5.1 Dolby content. Please do share your suggestions on how can I make it better?
Overall for the price I paid i am happy. Also got a free 32inch Samsung tv free with it( have hooked it up in my office).
Have a great day. Cheers!

I dont know how it works in case of a soundbar but in a conventional 3.1/5.1 system, dialogs are always handled by the center channel and you can set its loudness through AVR. Given a single speaker does the job, it performs quite well.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back