NNeed some gasketing material to mount drivers

GeorgeO

Can anyone point me to a source here in Bangalore to get suitable gasketing material(rubber?) to use for mounting my mids and tweeters on the enclosure? I'm looking at around 2 mm thickness.

I actually used that soft plasticky material they use for packing (what do you call it???). Just folded to two and cut in circle...

They only handle larger quantities but have connected me with a retail dealer who keeps this in stock, so I will go and buy a sheet of it .1.2m X .6m X 2mm th size from him.

You can get Neoprene sheets easily in Bangalore. Its available in various thickness. I bought 2mm & 3mm @100/- each sheet from JC Road some time back. This shop is right next to Dena Bank after Multilevel Parking on the main road. For mounting drivers would recommend minimum thickness sheet as with thick sheets if you are not careful, probability of bending / breaking driver's mounts is very easy. Still remember Phillips used to bundle approx 1mm normal foam gasket with their Dome tweeters. I have tried bicycle tubes and do not like the idea of rubber protruding out of the sides, have tried trimming that but this stands out like sore thumb. I prefer drivers flush fitted on to baffle.

You can get Neoprene sheets easily in Bangalore. Its available in various thickness. I bought 2mm & 3mm @100/- each sheet from JC Road some time back. This shop is right next to Dena Bank after Multilevel Parking on the main road. For mounting drivers would recommend minimum thickness sheet as with thick sheets if you are not careful, probability of bending / breaking driver's mounts is very easy. Still remember Phillips used to bundle approx 1mm normal foam gasket with their Dome tweeters. I have tried bicycle tubes and do not like the idea of rubber protruding out of the sides, have tried trimming that but this stands out like sore thumb. I prefer drivers flush fitted on to baffle.

You need to use something like fevicol sr998 (if i remember correctly) to stick the tube/rubber to the wood, then do the mounting.

George
3M sells a gasket maker...comes in a tube. You should get this in an automobile spares shop. I used a RTV tape for this purpose.

Peace
Jetlag

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back