No display on avr

jayantadak

I have the Pioneer BDP 170. I have connected to AVR Denon X-2000. I wanted to know how you get the display of DOLBY TRUE HD and DTS HD MA display on the AVR panel when you play blu ray discs of DD TRUE HD & DTS HD MA.

When I play the discs of DD TRUE HD & DTS HD MA, but still I do not get the display of the same on the AVR. I get only display of DOLOBY DIGITAL and DTS respectively.

Please let me know if there is any setting to be done in the AVR or in the Pioneer BDP. I have set the audio output to 'Bitstream' and HDMI audio out also to 'Bitstream' in the Pioneer BDP.

Last edited:
@spiro,

No, there is no DSP on the Denon X-2000. I remember quiet well, I had seen the display on the panel some 2/3 months ago,while playing the disc, I wonder how come it disappeared. In the past two days, just to rule out the HDMI issue if any, I had plugged out the HDMI cords from both the ends ( AVR and BDP) and plugged in again, but in vain. I also tried all combinations of the PCM - BITSTREAM on the 'digital audio out put' / 'HDMI audio out' section on the Pioneer BDP-170. I guess it is more of the BDP setting issue than the AVR. See if you can guess. Rgds.

Last edited:
Just crossed checked playing a blueray disc through Sony bd player there is no display on the avr while I play a blueray disc through my oppo player the hd display appears on he avr. Guess this must be issue with the bd player.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back