No DTS HD light on YAMAHA RX-V581

Dinesh29888

I have a Yamaha RX-V581 along with a Samsung BD-C6900 blu ray player and 55" TV. Now the problem is i can't see DTS HD displaying on the front of my AVR when playing a Blu ray disc which supports that format. From my AVR if i go to INFO, i can see that the Audio as DTS HD but can't see it on my AVR display.
I have updated to the latest firmware for both the AVR and Blu ray payer and have also set the blu ray player audio setting to "Bitstream audiophile"
If it can't display how would i know on what sound it's actually playing.
Can anyone tell me what would be the problem here ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any display button in the remote or in the front panel of the AVR? I am owning a sony avr which has this toggle to display whether the encoder type/source/volume etc...

Try search something similar.

Try the "Straight" button on remote to enjoy unprocessed sounds in original channels.
Each time you press it gets enabled or disabled.

Try the "Straight" button on remote to enjoy unprocessed sounds in original channels.
Each time you press it gets enabled or disabled.

Ya thats what i am doing but unfortunately i can't see the actual Audio format playing display on the front of my AVR.

I have a Yamaha RX-V581 along with a Samsung BD-C6900 blu ray player and 55" TV. Now the problem is i can't see DTS HD displaying on the front of my AVR when playing a Blu ray disc which supports that format. From my AVR if i go to INFO, i can see that the Audio as DTS HD but can't see it on my AVR display.

Does the BD have multiple audio stream?

I have updated to the latest firmware for both the AVR and Blu ray payer and have also set the blu ray player audio setting to "Bitstream audiophile". If it can't display how would i know on what sound it's actually playing. Can anyone tell me what would be the problem here ?

Which audio format do you see on your AVR's display?

Does the BD have multiple audio stream?

Which audio format do you see on your AVR's display?

I just press straight on the remote and see the movie. It shows as "straight" on the avr display. Other options are 7channel enhancer 2channel enhancer Dolby surround then Jazz and Auditorium and all that basic AVR sounds ...

I just press straight on the remote and see the movie. It shows as "straight" on the avr display. Other options are 7channel enhancer 2channel enhancer Dolby surround then Jazz and Auditorium and all that basic AVR sounds ...

Hope the BR Player is connected to AVR thru HDMI. Try "Direct button" too and see what the AVR displays..

Hope the BR Player is connected to AVR thru HDMI. Try "Direct button" too and see what the AVR displays..

Yes it's connected via HDMI.
Both the AVR and BD player has been updated to the latest firmware version.
When i press "Direct" the AVR display's brightness goes low like 50% less ... & it display's "Direct" only.
But on the Avr's option tab > info > audio > it shows as DTS HD MA ... But not the AVR's display.

The amp is set to show playback mode. Switch it to codec mode.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

Yes it's connected via HDMI.
Both the AVR and BD player has been updated to the latest firmware version.
When i press "Direct" the AVR display's brightness goes low like 50% less ... & it display's "Direct" only.
But on the Avr's option tab > info > audio > it shows as DTS HD MA ... But not the AVR's display.

Does the DTS-HDMA logo light up on the AVR? Please share a clear picture of the AVR display..

Does the DTS-HDMA logo light up on the AVR? Please share a clear picture of the AVR display..

No it doesn't light up on the AVR.

When i check the Signal info it shows as "DTS HD MA" but nothing on the AVR.
Attaching few pictures.
4ac3edb72769fb5ff7d94d53ba0d2585.jpg

45cc01b42ec4381ee4b11fe786c1bdc2.jpg

It shows as BD player.

No it doesn't light up on the AVR.

When i check the Signal info it shows as "DTS HD MA" but nothing on the AVR.
Attaching few pictures.
4ac3edb72769fb5ff7d94d53ba0d2585.jpg

45cc01b42ec4381ee4b11fe786c1bdc2.jpg

It shows as BD player.

Strange.. Did you try the settings that FM tuff suggested - codec mode in settings ?

Try posting your query in Yamaha owners thread too..

Strange.. Did you try the settings that FM tuff suggested - codec mode in settings ?

Try posting your query in Yamaha owners thread too..

I don't know about "Codec mode" where to find it ?
I have sent Yamaha a mail regarding the same. Awaiting for the reply. Will keep the thread updated once they reply back.

On the Yamaha, click Option on the remote and select Signal info, find out what it says there. Mine does not understand DTS-HA MA as it is an older model, however reads DTS core signal and shows as DTS. Your receiver should show DTS-HD MA provided BDROM is connected to AVR via HDMI. Also there is a possibility that if BDROM is connected via HDMI and Coax/Optical, check that AUDIO IN under option menu has the HDMI selected.

Best Regards,
Rajiv

On the Yamaha, click Option on the remote and select Signal info, find out what it says there. Mine does not understand DTS-HA MA as it is an older model, however reads DTS core signal and shows as DTS. Your receiver should show DTS-HD MA provided BDROM is connected to AVR via HDMI. Also there is a possibility that if BDROM is connected via HDMI and Coax/Optical, check that AUDIO IN under option menu has the HDMI selected.

Best Regards,

Rajiv

Yes Rajiv it does shows as "DTS HD MA" on the info tab, have already posted of the picture on this forum already.

~~UPDATE~~
Used the same Blu ray player with the same Disc on a Denon AVR and the blue light is on HD Audio and shows "DTS HD MA"
So the settings on the BD is correct there is some issue or left out setting on my Yamaha AVR.

ec33dc621892f1f20487dc344b396e5d.jpg

I noticed that the Yamaha was not showing Bitrate in the picture, I presume there is no Coax or optical connection between BDROM & AVR. Also have you tried changing the HDMI port on the Yamaha AVR.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv

I just pressed "Info (WPS) on the AVR and it finally showed me what i was actually struggling for :) :)
All this time it was default as "Info - input" so it showed me BD player .... Changed it to "Info - Audio decoder" and Yuppppiiiiii it shows DTS HD MA :)
Thank you all for your replies :)

4054eb615efc59f95b3f65ef470fdbb9.jpg

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back