No Output from the tuner

Music Freak

Hello!

I recently sold my vintage Akai tuner that was working. After minimal days of usage, a major issue has been reported. There is no audio output from the tuner. The cables, connections, amp, pre-amp, reception everything's checked, changed & altered too. There is signal reception but no output. The unit was & is not tampered.

Could anybody help identifying the root cause ? Any basic troubleshooting steps need to be taken ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I had some power issues with my Marantz vintage tuner. Got it rectified from Mr. Johnson of Hi-tech service. Now it is singing again. Mr. Johnson now operating from Home only, and he stays near Sarjapur Road.

I had some power issues with my Marantz vintage tuner. Got it rectified from Mr. Johnson of Hi-tech service. Now it is singing again. Mr. Johnson now operating from Home only, and he stays near Sarjapur Road.
I see. Thanks. I would have consulted them if I'd the tuner. However, It's in UP now. Looks like this needs to be inspected by a technician now. Ill luck!

Yes, Reuben, it did :) It worked approx. for 4 days & that's kinda only saving grace.

Just recalled. I was told yesterday that the tuning went off too.

Last edited:
It it was a working turner, some trouble shooing, starting with the interconnects and amplification is a good starting point. Only when one is certain that it is not an issue with the amplification chain and the interconnects, including the output sockets on the tuner, should one think about looking inside the box. I hope the new owner has run these checks.

If its not tuning stations, its a different scenario.

It it was a working turner, some trouble shooing, starting with the interconnects and amplification is a good starting point. Only when one is certain that it is not an issue with the amplification chain and the interconnects, including the output sockets on the tuner, should one think about looking inside the box. I hope the new owner has run these checks.
Thanks Reuben. Yes, the external checks have been done. Anyway, the tuner's up for a quick check by the technician this weekend. Hope it gets back to its usual self.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back