No pre-amp in the chain - Streamer to Power Amp direct?

Thats also a good idea but come to think of it my rears will be my old but demanding FS so my Avr isn't powerful enough to drive fronts and rear.
Another thing I noticed that AVR settings say that you need to select a certain one if using a 6ohm...select another if you have 4ohm speaker in the chain.
Now I had the setting for 8-6ohm based on my old speakers and I forgot about changing it as the new speakers are of 4ohms
However the speakers are playing. Is there a major reason behind this? Does other AVRs have this setting?

Thats also a good idea but come to think of it my rears will be my old but demanding FS so my Avr isn't powerful enough to drive fronts and rear.

The 3700h are powerful enough to drive fronts and rears , might result in less headroom but the AVR does drive them sufficiently well enough. Also if primary usage is movies as suggested powering the center channel makes more sense as that's what will present the majority of the load to your AVR in most of the cases.

You can try manually setting up the AVR as suggested above for now. I always though wifi was only needed if using the mobile app and if using the the same on AVR it was not a neccesity, let me check that out.

Another thing I noticed that AVR settings say that you need to select a certain one if using a 6ohm...select another if you have 4ohm speaker in the chain.
Now I had the setting for 8-6ohm based on my old speakers and I forgot about changing it as the new speakers are of 4ohms
However the speakers are playing. Is there a major reason behind this? Does other AVRs have this setting?
Impedance selector switches / options are present in most Marantz and Denon AVR's. They may be present in other AVR's too. I would suggest that you leave it at 8 Ohms irrespective of your speaker Ohms. Which speaker do you have that is 4 Ohms ? Center, mains or surrounds ?

Please go through the article below for a detailed explanation.

https://www.audioholics.com/audio-amplifier/impedance-selector-switch-1

I always though wifi was only needed if using the mobile app and if using the the same on AVR it was not a neccesity,

I had a weird experience with my Marantz 7010. The mobile app was not connecting over wifi. However, when I ran a physical cable to it from my router, the app connected again. Wifi is not required if the configuration is run on the AVR itself.

I had a weird experience with my Marantz 7010. The mobile app was not connecting over wifi. However, when I ran a physical cable to it from my router, the app connected again. Wifi is not required if the configuration is run on the AVR itself.
Yup , a wired connection also is considered as the same network when using a streaming /network configuration solution. Sometimes the wifi connection is weak (due to bad reception capabilities of some device or the router itself) , I have the free router which came with Airtel and the range is quiet mediocre in terms of stability and face lot of switching in content in the farthest room (which is not too far either).

I should have phrased myself better, I thought that AVR can run Audyssey offline without the need of being on a network (with /without internet) if using the inbuilt calibration vs via the mobile app.

I should have phrased myself better, I thought that AVR can run Audyssey offline without the need of being on a network (with /without internet) if using the inbuilt calibration vs via the mobile app.
I have not tested it either but there is no reason why Audyssey would need an internet connection. It should work offline. Am too lazy to test it. Please let us know if you get the time to do the test.

I think this thread is going OT. Could the mods move the last few posts to a new thread please if it is thought required.

I have not tested it either but there is no reason why Audyssey would need an internet connection. It should work offline. Am too lazy to test it. Please let us know if you get the time to do the test.

I think this thread is going OT. Could the mods move the last few posts to a new thread please if it is thought required.

Sorry if its OT, was just responding to the OP on his inability to connect to the network and hence the reason for greyout of the setup screen. I feel the same that it should not depend on your avr being offline/online and hence mentioned that I will check it out if thats the case.

Impedance selector switches / options are present in most Marantz and Denon AVR's. They may be present in other AVR's too. I would suggest that you leave it at 8 Ohms irrespective of your speaker Ohms. Which speaker do you have that is 4 Ohms ? Center, mains or surrounds ?

Please go through the article below for a detailed explanation.

https://www.audioholics.com/audio-amplifier/impedance-selector-switch-1
Fronts are 4. Center and surrounds are 6.
I will take your advice and leave it as is.
Let me go through the article.

Sorry if its OT, was just responding to the OP on his inability to connect to the network and hence the reason for greyout of the setup screen. I feel the same that it should not depend on your avr being offline/online and hence mentioned that I will check it out if thats the case.
Not your post FLUX. Starting from queries of @dextrostar with regard to receivers and Crown. A separate thread might get him more responses, I felt.

I usually keep the Crown Gain Settings to 100% while using it for HT purposes.
For stereo I keep it at 80 to 85% depending upon the SQ.
I received my PA crown today but yet to power it up.
It says it requires class 2 output wiring.
I have Amazon basic 14awg wire..will that work or do I need some other cable?
Tagging @ssf as well.

Regards

Amazon basic 14 awg wire should work fine.

From Crown:

What gauge speaker wire should I use in my system?​

For the best speaker damping and least amount of power loss you will want to use the heaviest gauge that is practical. The length of the speaker wire should be considered when considering wire gauge. The shorter the run, the smaller gauge you can use with minimum power and damping factor loss. The longer the run, the heavier gauge you will need to minimize power and damping factor loss. You will also want to consider the size of power amplifier you are using. The larger the amplifier, the heavier gauge you will want to use. Generally speaking, runs of 25 Ft or less work well with 14 gauge. Over 25 one should use 12 gauge if possible. These numbers are not set in stone, but generally work well. For Constant Voltage systems such as a 70.7V or 140V systems, the voltage is high and the current is low. Because there is not much current you can use smaller wire without much power loss. Quite often 18-gauge wire works well with these systems. To calculate power loss you can use the Line Loss Javascript Calculator on the Crown web site. You can also request a free copy of the Crown Constant Voltage Slide Rule, which is available from our literature department. To order,1-574-294-8093 or send email to: [email protected].

Thanks for explaining, have been thinking about this for a while. Have to go deeper to understand analogue vs digital gain.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back