No Signal on HDMI

MaSh

Hi,

I have a peculiar issue connecting my Old Dell laptop to my LCD TV or Projector via HDMI. I am trying to setup my first ever HTPC using my Old 2009 model Dell Inspiron 1525.

I have updated the drivers of my Mobile Intel 965 Chipset present on the laptop. I did notice it installing the HDMI drivers.

Before the driver update, I could only see a blank screen on the laptop and nothing on the TV. However, after the driver update, the laptop is recognizing the Display type and also setting the correct resolution. For example, when I connect my TV, it recognizes that it is a Sony TV and sets 1980x1080 resolution. Similarly when I connect the Unic UC40 Projector, it immediately recognizes it as an Mstar Demo device :) and sets the same full HD resolution. I am hence assuming, there is some kind of handshake happening, however, there is no signal being sent. Both the TV and the Projector display No Signal:sad:.

I have tried two different working cables which are used for the TV and Projector respectively. TV and Projector are working fine. TV is currently at its latest firmware version. Laptop is on Windows 7 32bit OS.

Anyone else facing this or similar issue? Please let me know what is missing or what I could check or fix? Any help, suggestions are appreciated.

MaSh

Did you try with lower resolution? For safe try putting 480p or 720p as output.

Switch on your display first and then only connect Laptop.

Did you try with lower resolution? For safe try putting 480p or 720p as output.

Switch on your display first and then only connect Laptop.

Yes tried that, did not work.

I rolled back drivers to Vista drivers, still no luck. Laptop is still recognizing the connected devices but not sending signal. Is there any software that I could use, which would give me more control or an overview of what signal is being transmitted via the HDMI port? I somehow have a strong feeling that its transmitting something that the devices cannot understand.

In the mean time, I tried with another Work laptop running Windows 10 and that connected to the TV via HDMI with no issues at all. I did not have to do anything. Just plugged it in, and voila there was display on the TV. So it is this laptop that has some issue sending the signal. Got to figure out what. The Video and Sound Quality I got for those few minutes I had the laptop connected, was very good.

MaSh

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back