noise damping for getz

rallynut

hi all,have a 2004 getz with an ICE setup comprising of a pioneer hu/boston acoustics 6.5" coax(in each door)/pioneer ts20 tweeters/8"active bass tube(soomoku).have been using the above since 3yrs,and personally feel the sound is very good for a vfm setup(very neutral,great separation and detail.i have quite a few friends who seem to think the same).plannin on an amp(4 ch,prob sony) plus some noise damping(dynamat/wuerth/noisekill).suggestions welcome.can anyone help me in procuring the same in mangalore or nearby?cheers

@magma,was looking forward to a reply from u:D.thanks.echoing my thoughts regardin going overboard with dynamat.AFAIK noisekill is the cheapest available.i realise the setup could be far better equip wise tho.noticed u havin suggested illusion audio in other posts.are they really that good?any other 6.5" for getz available and how much?suggestions for amp and hu upgrade?cheers

@ rallynut . I agree with magma for you set up noise kill is good choice, infact for any set up arnd 70-80K i guess noise kill should suffice.

For an amp for your existing set up i would suggest you look at the kenwood 8401 or the new 8404 if it's available for the head unit i would again look at kenwood 5309(Not sure of the model nos)

Illusion audio def make good speakers,magama is a harcore illusion audio fan so he'll be able to educate you better on this front. If you are looking to change speakers imo you rather change your woofer first & most certainly loose the TS20's
All the best
Cheers.

Last edited:
haha the T20's
i was gonna remark about them in the first post but them i thought i better shut up.

Nway rallynut
any 6.5 inch speakers will fit the getz
i have given some 6.5 inch options in another thread according to budgets
please do look it up

i like Illusion audio but i must warn you that their entry level components (the elctras that are dicussed many a time are LAID back and not everyones cup of tea.they sound more like home audio than the forward flavour that many prefer for their cars! however the plaus side is that they are crstal clear and you can hear them for hours without fatigue)
other brands ive liked are Ground Zero ( distributed from the same people)
these are bass heavy and "good fun"
And then ofcourse theres the everpresnt JBL
A new brand called Bull Audio also makes some entry level components speakers and reviews about them are encouraging.
they are the cheapest option when buying in bill
All of the above will cost 7k to 5k

if youre aiming higher then there are a vast number of options

As for an Amp
wht kind of amp are you looking for and what do you wnt the amp to drive?

HU
personally i would look at only 3 brands for HU
Alpine
Kenwood - look at the 5039 or 6539 other options are also good
Kenwood Corporation | Car Electroics | 1DIN Receivers

Pioneer ( 4050 or 5050 are good budget options) - if you want time allignement you will have to get the P80 or the 7series

here are some ballpark prices of about 4 months ago
alpine 9884 with bill 12800 ( only this one has time allignemt)
kenwood 6539 9k with bill
alpine 9872:8k
alpine 9845:8.5k
Eclipse 3100 for 10k in grey
pioneer 5050 - 6k-6500rs

thanks for the advice guys,didn realise the ts20s had such a reputation:D.strange:rolleyes:,werent they the rage a long while ago for installs?expensive too!!no prob,will lose them at the earliest oppurtunity!!as of now will do just the amp upgrade and the speakers /hu next.in fact the active bass tube(soomoku scb200 3a) is quite a good vfm product.enclosure built to thiel small parameters,8" imported cone,class AB,monobock amp,100w rms.have been very happy with it.regardin the amp,require a 4ch,for drivin all 4 boston acoustics 6.5" coaxials.looks likethe xplod series also doesnt cut it
so,suggestions?
@magma,have mailed hermit audio for details,they have yet to get back to me
cheers

rallynut

get any 4 channel amp frompionner blaupunkt or kenwood or even JBL that fits your budget
only condition being i wouldadvicea minimum of 60rms/channel at 4 ohms

there is the kenwood8401 but i think its not availble anymore.
there is a newer model search the kenwood site above

theJBL amp is
JBL Car & Marine Audio

balupunkt i think is the GT4 mark 2
its a 60rms per channleamp

Now if youve got a better budget then i would advice

JBL Car & Marine Audio
should cost about 10k in grey and 13k with bill

its a great amp

also this
:: Ground Zero :: Amplifier / GZTA 4.120MK

is a great amp at 10k with bill

As for your speaker upgrade
only upgrade your fronts to compos
let the rears be

thanks magma,will look out for the same.will keep u posted on the scenario.know any installers in mangalore for the same??cheers

@magma,have mailed hermit audio for details,they have yet to get back to me
cheers

Hi rallynut, I work for Hermit Audio. Haven't seen any mail from you. Let me know what details you want, I could post it here.

I have heard of a guy called Car Decor in Mangalore who seems to be decent with installs.

Cheers!

Hi rallynut, I work for Hermit Audio. Haven't seen any mail from you. Let me know what details you want, I could post it here.

I have heard of a guy called Car Decor in Mangalore who seems to be decent with installs.

Cheers!

hi ajay,good of u to help:).strange,but did check my gmail acc and saw that the mail had gone thru!!anyway,need details for noisekill,any budget amp(groundzero?/other?),illusion audio electra series comp/coax for my getz.was looking for anyone in mangalore or thereabouts for sourcing and installing the same.noisekill i intend to use in 4 doors and boot so how much would i need,cost??if need be could i get the same couriered to me??saw the pricing for the illusion audio range on ur site,do u have dealers in mangalore??of course,post procurement,goes without sayin that i need someone who does clean installs for fitment.suggestions?cheers

hey ajay jiiii

hi
heard youve shifted base towards town
where are you now

still no news from hermit audio/ajay :eek:.

@magma,thanks for all the adv bro.can see a clear path for upgrade thanks to u and neo.for now the amp is a priority.just wish i could get some info on the noisekill.cheers

hi ajay,good of u to help:).strange,but did check my gmail acc and saw that the mail had gone thru!!anyway,need details for noisekill,any budget amp(groundzero?/other?),illusion audio electra series comp/coax for my getz.was looking for anyone in mangalore or thereabouts for sourcing and installing the same.noisekill i intend to use in 4 doors and boot so how much would i need,cost??if need be could i get the same couriered to me??saw the pricing for the illusion audio range on ur site,do u have dealers in mangalore??of course,post procurement,goes without sayin that i need someone who does clean installs for fitment.suggestions?cheers

Sorry for replying so late. Completely overlooked your post.

Noise Kill is Rs.150 / sq. ft. You will need about 20-25 sq. ft. for the 2 front doors.

The new Illusion Audio Electra Series comps sound even better than the old one. Rs. 6990/-

GZ 4-ch amp Rs. 9990 (stock running out) Next higher model is Rs. 12490/-

Unfortunately there is no one representing these products in Mangalore. I could ask a couple of my friends there whether they have any recommendations for installation.

Sorry for replying so late. Completely overlooked your post.

Noise Kill is Rs.150 / sq. ft. You will need about 20-25 sq. ft. for the 2 front doors.

The new Illusion Audio Electra Series comps sound even better than the old one. Rs. 6990/-

GZ 4-ch amp Rs. 9990 (stock running out) Next higher model is Rs. 12490/-

Unfortunately there is no one representing these products in Mangalore. I could ask a couple of my friends there whether they have any recommendations for installation.

hi ajay,thanks for the reply with details.in fact have ur no that was given to me by magma(ali) and was goin to call u.would love to be able to get the reqd materials from u.specifically noisekill for 4 doors,the illusion audio electras/ground zero spkrs,and amp as well.as im leavin the country(vacation over tooooo soon!)could i confirm my order over the phone with u??expect a call from me and would be very grateful if u could do the needful.thanks a ton,cheers.dr kannan.

hi ajay,thanks for the reply with details.in fact have ur no that was given to me by magma(ali) and was goin to call u.would love to be able to get the reqd materials from u.specifically noisekill for 4 doors,the illusion audio electras/ground zero spkrs,and amp as well.as im leavin the country(vacation over tooooo soon!)could i confirm my order over the phone with u??expect a call from me and would be very grateful if u could do the needful.thanks a ton,cheers.dr kannan.

Yeah, no problem, please call whenever it is convenient. Have PMed you the contact details.

thanks ajay,was good to have talked to u finally on the phone.will mail u reg my requirements.cheers

@all,excuse the rehash of an old thread,but had to showcase the ICE upgrade done at EVO,blore by satya.a very clean,vfm install i must say.cheers

current setup is:
pioneer deh-p5850mph
crunch audio p900.4 amp
boston acoustics s60 components(front)
boston acoustics fx6 co-axials(rear)
boston acoustics sxi series 12" sub in sealed enclosure
scosche kit,damping

Picasa Web Albums - Kannan - car ICE

Last edited:
@all,excuse the rehash of an old thread,but had to showcase the ICE upgrade done at EVO,blore by satya.a very clean,vfm install i must say.cheers

current setup is:
pioneer deh-p5850mph
crunch audio p900.4 amp
boston acoustics s60 components(front)
boston acoustics fx6 co-axials(rear)
boston acoustics sxi series 12" sub in sealed enclosure
scosche kit,damping

Picasa Web Albums - Kannan - car ICE

Hi rallynut-

very very sexyful!!!

regds suri

suri,now that u've heard the setup in my car,whats the verdict??andrea boccelli does sound good eh ;)??!!!

@all,if u ever are in my part of the world,u must audition my ICE.startlingly good.it did take me few weeks of tweaking to get it to where it is now,but the result...bellissima.a very vfm,neat,smooth sounding setup.cant even imagine what it would be like to have an alpine HU and a monoblock just for the sub :rolleyes:.that would be tops!!!cheers

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back