Norge AM/FM 300 Tuner

Black_Hawk

Hello,

Is anyone here using the Norge AM/FM 300 Tuner? I'm currently in search for a radio tuner and was thinking about getting this. If anyone is in fact using this please share your input and thoughts on how your experience using it has been and how the reception quality is.

Here is the link for the Tuner with it's Specs: Norge 300 Tuner

Thank-you.

Hello,

Is anyone here using the Norge AM/FM 300 Tuner? I'm currently in search for a radio tuner and was thinking about getting this. If anyone is in fact using this please share your input and thoughts on how your experience using it has been and how the reception quality is.

Thank-you.
You can't go wrong with the Norge 300 which has been around forever. I've heard their tuner long ago at Hammersmith Estate Mahim. Good reception and warm sound paired with the Norge 2060 and Norge towers. Good ol' days...Mr Bajaj was a joy to interact with.

You can't go wrong with the Norge 300 which has been around forever. I've heard their tuner long ago at Hammersmith Estate Mahim. Good reception and warm sound paired with the Norge 2060 and Norge towers. Good ol' days...Mr Bajaj was a joy to interact with.

Thank-you Sir for your reply and input. I will be using the Norge 300 with a spare FOSI Audio TDA 7498E Amplifier I got a couple of years ago from the US and didn't end up using at all.

Hoping the TDA7498E amplifier works well with the Norge 300 Tuner and my Micca MB42 speakers.

Hello,

Thank-you.
One of my frined had the tuner. It's a good tuner by norge, only thing that need to be taken care is that you need a good antenna to accept string signals.

I saw a Sony FM tuner (ST SE300). The seller is quoting 4,500/-

I am not sure if it is worth the price. It has RDS support.

I saw a Sony FM tuner (ST SE300). The seller is quoting 4,500/-

I am not sure if it is worth the price. It has RDS support.

I recently spotted a used Technics Quartz Synthesizer AM/FM Stereo Tuner (Model: ST-S4T) on OLX for Rs.4,000/-. It was available in Kolkata only. I called up the seller and inquired about it. In the end thought after I saw the Norge Tuner at 5k I went with it.

For some reason I just don't feel comfortable buying used vintage audio equipment. The availability of parts should something fail and also since I'm not into DIY work with audio gear keeps me at bay.

Last edited:
Are you surrounded with walls? If you have any interference, the signal strength may be weaker or none.

Try to pull a RG6 cable from outside and connect it in the tuner. It is guaranteed to give you good signal. Cable without antenna itself pills the signal.

Nope, I haven't received it yet. DTDC and their slow service to Kolkata. I'm guessing it will arrive sometime later this week. Will report once I have it.
Any updates on this? Am considering the Norge, will be great to hear it's user review

Any updates on this? Am considering the Norge, will be great to hear it's user review

First please check you are getting proper signal. If signal is not there it does not matter if it norge or any other tuner :)

I do have norge FM tuner, I live in apartment on some fine days with bit of circus i get some decent signal, and it does have good sound

I saw few good tuners in Olx. They are cost effective.

At least from my personal experience, vintage ones have better reception strength.

I too don't have idea about Norge. Get a vintage analog tuner. It would be fantastic.

Any suggestions on vintage tuners?
I usually try to search in Olx because that's the public source where tuners come in sale. Also the internals of the tuners are not usually worked inside unless it is badly maintained before.

It's a cost effective product, hence I take the risk of buying (I check their working, cosmetic condition and internals if the buyer agrees). There are a few service technicians available locally who can service it for us.

Do check in Olx and you should be able to find one.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back