Norge MD80
OR
WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 9.1
OR
MORDAUNT SHORT 902i

Cables
Please suggest the cheapest ones.

Questions:
1. Are both the Norge Amplifiers capable of driving any of the speakers above.
2. If I have to add a Sub woofer later on, would both the amplifiers allow the same.
3. How do I hook up my PC to this setup.
4. Would this setup give enough bass.
5. I am a little inclined towards an all Norge setup as in the amplifier as well as the speakers.
6. I cant have any of these speakers setup against walls as I already have a wall unit. Planning to buy stands for these.

1. You can drive these speakers with either of the amps. Norge has Millenium Bokkshelf which pairs well with Norge amps

2. Both amps have pre-out and you can connect an active SW

3. you can use a Y-connector

4. Enough bass, it is subjective, Best is audition yourself and decide if you are satisfied. If not, you may need floorstanders.

HTH

wishmaster can I use your thread for one question.

can anybody tell me whether norge2060 or norge 1000 can they drive wf 9.6.

I think Nrge has very fine amps. and speakers for a budget buyer.visit their exhaustive website:Norge Audio
They will have something for you.

am sorry, but its a site where you will get the specifications for norge products. By no means is it an 'exhaustive' site. For exhaustive information, you will have to surf numerous av forums to gather detailed info on usage and actual performance. The site tells you nothing about user experience about any particular model in detail.

I am planning on the following configuration:
Note: On a shoestring budget.

Amplifier
Norge 2060
OR
Norge Ref 1000

Speakers
Norge MD80
OR
WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 9.1
OR
MORDAUNT SHORT 902i

Cables

Questions:
2. If I have to add a Sub woofer later on, would both the amplifiers allow the same.
5. I am a little inclined towards an all Norge setup as in the amplifier as well as the speakers.
6. I cant have any of these speakers setup against walls as I already have a wall unit. Planning to buy stands for these.

Norge has Ref 2000 MOSFET amp with 100w @ 8ohms.
Any advantage of MOSFET?

Norge has Ref 2000 MOSFET amp with 100w @ 8ohms.
Any advantage of MOSFET?

all i noticed in the mosfet amp compared to the 2060 and the millenium 1000 amp was a more laid back sound and more bass.
However this came with an expense of upper and high frequencies.
Also the mosfet has no remote

Hi,

I have a 4 month old Norge 2060 amp + Norge Millenium Speakers. I purchased them in Nov 2008. I recently purchased a multichannel Digitial amp and hence want to sell the Norge amp and speakers. I do not have space in my home to place all the amps and speakers.

I paid Rs: 7500/- for the 2060 amp and Rs: 10,500/- for the speakers. Apart from this, I also paid around Rs:1500/- towards trnasportation cost of the same from Mumabi to Cochin.

Both the amp and speakers are in mint condition as I use to use them only over weekends. The amp is one of the best that I have heard and the speakers match with them very well. You will need to have a pair of speaker stands to house the speakers.

There is no direct sub out from the amp. However, I have discussed this matter with Mr. Shyam Bajaj of Norge earlier and he as suggested a method to add a sub. However, it depends on the kind of sound you want to hear.

I you are interested, please let me know and we can arrive a at a mutually agreeable price

Thanks and Regards

Rajendran Menon

I am planning on the following configuration:
Note: On a shoestring budget.

Amplifier
Norge 2060
OR
Norge Ref 1000

Speakers
Norge MD80
OR
WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 9.1
OR
MORDAUNT SHORT 902i

Cables

Questions:

1. You can drive these speakers with either of the amps. Norge has Millenium Bokkshelf which pairs well with Norge amps

2. Both amps have pre-out and you can connect an active SW

3. you can use a Y-connector

4. Enough bass, it is subjective, Best is audition yourself and decide if you are satisfied. If not, you may need floorstanders.

HTH
make sure of preouts , i am looking at Norge 1000 for my stereo set up and was told it doesnt have preout.

make sure of preouts , i am looking at Norge 1000 for my stereo set up and was told it doesnt have preout.

Norge amps have preout & can be connected to sub.I saw personally.
1000 doesnt have facility to switch A & B spk opt.

Hi wishmaster,

Just wanted to say a word of caution. have you auditioned the system yourself with your own music collection? if yes then no problem.

I had gone there extermely positive frame of mind and Mr Bajaj spent almost 45 minutes with me.

The track he played (Jagjit singh) were very well rendered on both 1000 and Mosfet 2000 but some how it did not satisfy me when i tried my own test tracks which included hindi POP and some marathi songs. i think this was because of the speakers rather than amps but i can't say exactly. i did not like the timbre of the music

Mosfet 2000 has no remote and 1000 has remote only for volume. so for Mosfet 2000 either you should have a good preamp or a CD player with volume control ( as far as I know, only Mitashi and Onida has that facility)

Finally I ended up buying Yamaha RXV 361 for 13500/- at Vijay sales

Hi wishmaster,

Just wanted to say a word of caution. have you auditioned the system yourself with your own music collection? if yes then no problem.

I had gone there extermely positive frame of mind and Mr Bajaj spent almost 45 minutes with me.

The track he played (Jagjit singh) were very well rendered on both 1000 and Mosfet 2000 but some how it did not satisfy me when i tried my own test tracks which included hindi POP and some marathi songs. i think this was because of the speakers rather than amps but i can't say exactly. i did not like the timbre of the music

Mosfet 2000 has no remote and 1000 has remote only for volume. so for Mosfet 2000 either you should have a good preamp or a CD player with volume control ( as far as I know, only Mitashi and Onida has that facility)

Finally I ended up buying Yamaha RXV 361 for 13500/- at Vijay sales

i guess that is most important to audition an amp or speakers before buying. While I was mighty impressed (almost liked it) ie. the norge 1000 with wharfdale towers, the next audition of the norge 2060/2000 with quad bookshelves and wharf bookshelves left me a lil disappointed.

BTW the norge amps are good for pop & hiphop except jazz (english), hindi films (only A.R.Rahman - other stuff has bad mixing technologies) and a few other genres of music. Marathi stuff (regular) and hindi film music won't sound good - atleast what i realized.

And you can't anyday compare the yamaha 361 with the norge. one is a AVR -the other a stereo amp. And the norge i must tell you is still VFM - at least the 1000 anyday is.

Hi suprateep,

>>>BTW the norge amps are good for pop & hiphop except jazz (english), hindi films (only A.R.Rahman - other stuff has bad mixing technologies) and a few other genres of music. Marathi stuff (regular) and hindi film music won't sound good - atleast what i realized.

Do you listen to marathi regularly?(asking you just because you are from pune). if yes, you must listen to songs from the movie "agabai arechha" or from the collection "mana udhan waryache": very good recordings.shankar mahadevan has sung the title song. its orchestration really beautiful. i had played that song at lakozy(NAD dealer from Mumbai)as a test track. the manager is not Marathi but he liked it so much that he got it immedialtely ripped for demo to other customers. another sweet bhajan is sung by Shreya Goshal, in the same album.

>>>And you can't anyday compare the yamaha 361 with the norge. one is a AVR -the other a stereo amp. And the norge i must tell you is still VFM - at least the 1000 anyday is.

i know i cannot compare an AVR with an AMp. but i think i am allowed to do it if I am using the AVR purely as a stereo amp. of course i do admit that I use digital coaxial out of CD player so that the decoder is the AVR. (i do not use receiver or video features of AVR and I don't use 5.1 mode). so Norge amp with a good CD player may be more comparable to my set up (Aiwa DVD player with RXV 361. i decided upon yamaha when i heard it through mission M33

regarding VFM, I got that receiver for rs 13500/- and Norge 1000 was rs 9800/- (with remote) on the same day. so as long as it was in my budget, it was a better deal with much better remote , digital in and 5.1 output in case i change my mind later.

I listened to NAD 325 BEE with some PSB tower(lower end). didn't impress me. the combination which impressed me most was HK 3490 with JBL towers (total cost 90,000/-)

am sorry, but its a site where you will get the specifications for norge products. By no means is it an 'exhaustive' site. For exhaustive information, you will have to surf numerous av forums to gather detailed info on usage and actual performance. The site tells you nothing about user experience about any particular model in detail.

The Norge website has some very interesting customer feedback about their products.Please read them

Hi suprateep,

>>>BTW the norge amps are good for pop & hiphop except jazz (english), hindi films (only A.R.Rahman - other stuff has bad mixing technologies) and a few other genres of music. Marathi stuff (regular) and hindi film music won't sound good - atleast what i realized.

Do you listen to marathi regularly?(asking you just because you are from pune). if yes, you must listen to songs from the movie "agabai arechha" or from the collection "mana udhan waryache": very good recordings.shankar mahadevan has sung the title song. its orchestration really beautiful. i had played that song at lakozy(NAD dealer from Mumbai)as a test track. the manager is not Marathi but he liked it so much that he got it immedialtely ripped for demo to other customers. another sweet bhajan is sung by Shreya Goshal, in the same album.

>>>And you can't anyday compare the yamaha 361 with the norge. one is a AVR -the other a stereo amp. And the norge i must tell you is still VFM - at least the 1000 anyday is.

i know i cannot compare an AVR with an AMp. but i think i am allowed to do it if I am using the AVR purely as a stereo amp. of course i do admit that I use digital coaxial out of CD player so that the decoder is the AVR. (i do not use receiver or video features of AVR and I don't use 5.1 mode). so Norge amp with a good CD player may be more comparable to my set up (Aiwa DVD player with RXV 361. i decided upon yamaha when i heard it through mission M33

regarding VFM, I got that receiver for rs 13500/- and Norge 1000 was rs 9800/- (with remote) on the same day. so as long as it was in my budget, it was a better deal with much better remote , digital in and 5.1 output in case i change my mind later.

I listened to NAD 325 BEE with some PSB tower(lower end). didn't impress me. the combination which impressed me most was HK 3490 with JBL towers (total cost 90,000/-)

Hi,

regarding "mana udhan waryache" ,I like all tracks ,but song 4 from Sadhana Sargum is pleasent. It has flute at the begining & I used same track with Norge1000(even Awadhut Gupte's song too)

I even compared with Swadesh tracks.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back