Norge Amplifiers - How good are they ?

In that case,which amp can sound neutral with little warmth?
Nad, Rotel, Arcam OR other.

Havent heard the rest so cant comment. NAD sounds right in the budget series atleast. Plus point for NAD is liveliness and a foot tapping musicality with a nicely rounded (not overdone) tonality.

Regards

@spiro,would think the CA 640A v2 could be described in those words.very neutral,slightly clinical,but warm.i suppose the nad does feel more rounded if compared.cheers.
@gobble,hows ur setup ;)?cheers

purely on the basis of what i've read, and not based on listening experience i believe Arcam might suit your description, it's supposed to be detailed, while at the same time ever so slightly warm and smooth....rotels are supposed to be cold and clinical, NAD is supposed to warm to the point of cloudy.....i have an NAD and it works well with the ever so bright CD63SE and the reasonably detailed Usher S520 speakers.

In that case,which amp can sound neutral with little warmth?
Nad, Rotel, Arcam OR other.

@spiro,would think the CA 640A v2 could be described in those words.very neutral,slightly clinical,but warm.i suppose the nad does feel more rounded if compared.cheers.
@gobble,hows ur setup ;)?cheers

I did A/B comparison with class A tube preamp, and the roundness of tone was same without. Yes it is cloudy but I dont blame just the nad for it. Maybe my cdp as well ... will know soon :)

Cheers

It is like comparison between a Benz and Maruti. If you want to hear real music then drop the comparison between Norge and Marantz . Go with Marantz , Denon , NAD , Cambridge etc.

Regards

hmmm! interesting! NAD amps costing >2 lacs may be called Benz but not 325BEE I think.
Better would be comparing Indica V2 Vs Maruti Ritz(Norge Vs 325BEE). in fact we can never compare them unless we do it in same room, same source and same speakers.

Hi,
I have been using Norge 2060 for an year and I bought it fresh for 11.4 K. I am using Marantz CD6005 as source. I mostly hear indian classical (Hindustani as well as carnatic), old bollywood classics, tamil and malayalam melodies. Now if you close your eyes and get immersed in the music they reproduce, you will forget the war on names. Norge is an excellent amp suitable for indian music. Now coming to the european brands, it's true they are class apart. From the music quality which I mentioned just now, if you want to improve it further, say 5% improvement in sound quality, then the money you will have to spend would be more than 200%!! I auditioned Norge 2060 and Yamaha AS500 and settled for Norge as Yamaha is much brighter. If budget permits then one can go for Marantz, NAD or REGA...there is no limit!! But you should never compromise on your source. That is very important. If Indian music is your genre then you can definitely go for Norge 2060.
Thanks,
Biju

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back