Not able to hear TV audio through speaker

prashant80

Hi,
Not able to hear TV audio through AVR speaker.
Troubleshooting done at my end
1.HDMI cable is attached to ARC port both at TV and AVR
2.HDMI control is on for TV and AVR
3.Not able to understand input assignment. Might be the problem

but still no TV audio.

Expert FM please help

TV-TCL
AVR-Denon 1400h

Hi,

but still no TV audio.

Expert FM please help

TV-TCL
AVR-Denon 1400h
Hi can anybody help

Hi,

but still no TV audio.

Expert FM please help

TV-TCL
AVR-Denon 1400h
After powering them on from mains wait for a while. With both in standby turn on the tv and the AVR should turn on automatically. Again wait for a few secs before you play something.

If it isn’t happening turn on the AVR first and then the tv and vice versa.

I am assuming sound out on tv is set to HDMI ARC. I don’t know TCL specific settings but its generally the same.

You can use any input/app on tv and should be able to get sound. HDMI source should be HDMI ARC in AVR.

Last edited:
OK, then try this... Press mainzone on AVR remote and switch to some other input source (DVD/BR/Media/CD etc) and then switch back to TV Audio... Do all this on the AVR remote

Hi FMs.My problem is party fixed.I have attached Opticle cable ,But i am getting sound from TV as well as from AVR same time.
My set top box is attached to TV through HDMI cable not to AVR. And one HDMI from TV ARC to AVR ARC.When i play movie on set top box both TV and AVR gets sound.can somebody help.Also i dont see the AVR notifications on TV for volume control

Hi FMs.My problem is party fixed.I have attached Opticle cable ,But i am getting sound from TV as well as from AVR same time.
My set top box is attached to TV through HDMI cable not to AVR. And one HDMI from TV ARC to AVR ARC.When i play movie on set top box both TV and AVR gets sound.can somebody help.Also i dont see the AVR notifications on TV for volume control

Navigate to Audio option under Settings. 3. Uncheck the “TV speaker enabled” option.
Enter “Advanced Settings”, and then the SPDIF type set it to "Auto"

Navigate to Audio option under Settings. 3. Uncheck the “TV speaker enabled” option.
Enter “Advanced Settings”, and then the SPDIF type set it to "Auto"
My TV has only TV audio out setting which is currently on for PCM out. There is no option to uncheck TV speaker . CEC control is on for TV .My TC ic TCL C8 55

My TV has only TV audio out setting which is currently on for PCM out. There is no option to uncheck TV speaker . CEC control is on for TV .My TC ic TCL C8 55

Are these the options on your TCL C8 55 under Sound settings?

Are these the options on your TCL C8 55 under Sound settings?
Yes

Then i can think of only option is to lower the TV volume to Zero while using the AVR through Opticle cable, ensure the "Digital audio out" is Not limited to PCM, but use "Auto" or other digital options if available else your AVR might not receive desired DD / DD+ signals.

If your TV has ARC HDMI then that should be preferred mode of connection to the AVR. Enable TLINK function has shown below too on the TV if your using HDMI (ARC).

Then i can think of only option is to lower the TV volume to Zero while using the AVR through Opticle cable, ensure the "Digital audio out" is Not limited to PCM, but use "Auto" or other digital options if available else your AVR might not receive desired DD / DD+ signals.

If your TV has ARC HDMI then that should be preferred mode of connection to the AVR. Enable TLINK function has shown below too on the TV if your using HDMI (ARC).

Hi thanks.using Auto mode for audio out and T link is also on. i am currently doing as suggested by you lowering the TV volume .But there should be some option.even after this no AVR notifications seen on TV like Volume control or any display related to avr connection. Again thanks for you support

I have been using TCL + Marantz with ARC set. When I play a video on the TV, I choose HMDI 1 (ARC Input), and the sound is routed to the AVR.

Though you may have done all or some of the following, here is what I did.

(1) This is important. You have to use ARC capable HDMI cable. Ordinary HDMI cable will not work. Locate the ARC HDMI input on both devices and connect them using the ARC enabled HDMI cable. In most cases it will be HDMI 1.

(2) In TCL TV, go to Settings >> More Settings >> Device Preferences >> Input. There you will find the 'Consumer Electronic Control' Sub heading. In that you will find three options: (1) HDMI Control (2) Device auto power off (3) TV Auto Power On.

Set HDMI Control to ON position.

The other two are optional. If (2) is set on, the TV will switch off the AVR when you power it down. Similarly, if (3) is on, the AVR will switch the TV on when it is powered on.

(3) On the AVR, you have to set 'HDMI Control' and 'Use ARC function' to On position. Usually if you switch HDMI Control to On, the ARC function automatically turns on.

(4) With all these all set, power down the TV and AVR and power them on again.

(5) The simplest way to check whether ARC is working is to adjust the volume on the TV. If CEC and ARC are working, the TV will display the name of the AVR, and volume position of the AVR. Not it's own. If this is not shown, then the CEC and ARC are NOT working.

(6) You can also adjust the audio to the AVR through ARC to PCM, Pass through and other settings.

Correcting Errors
-----------------
If after you do all this and the system does not work, here is what you can do.

1. If you have not used a ARC enabled HDMI cable, that is the first step to correct.

2. If are using a ARC enabled HDMI cable, simply reverse the cable and try. That may work.

3. Try a different and 'faster' ARC enabled HDMI cable.

4. Call the TV or AVR technician.

I have been using TCL + Marantz with ARC set. When I play a video on the TV, I choose HMDI 1 (ARC Input), and the sound is routed to the AVR.

Though you may have done all or some of the following, here is what I did.

(1) This is important. You have to use ARC capable HDMI cable. Ordinary HDMI cable will not work. Locate the ARC HDMI input on both devices and connect them using the ARC enabled HDMI cable. In most cases it will be HDMI 1.

(2) In TCL TV, go to Settings >> More Settings >> Device Preferences >> Input. There you will find the 'Consumer Electronic Control' Sub heading. In that you will find three options: (1) HDMI Control (2) Device auto power off (3) TV Auto Power On.

Set HDMI Control to ON position.

The other two are optional. If (2) is set on, the TV will switch off the AVR when you power it down. Similarly, if (3) is on, the AVR will switch the TV on when it is powered on.

(3) On the AVR, you have to set 'HDMI Control' and 'Use ARC function' to On position. Usually if you switch HDMI Control to On, the ARC function automatically turns on.

(4) With all these all set, power down the TV and AVR and power them on again.

(5) The simplest way to check whether ARC is working is to adjust the volume on the TV. If CEC and ARC are working, the TV will display the name of the AVR, and volume position of the AVR. Not it's own. If this is not shown, then the CEC and ARC are NOT working.

(6) You can also adjust the audio to the AVR through ARC to PCM, Pass through and other settings.

Correcting Errors
-----------------
If after you do all this and the system does not work, here is what you can do.

1. If you have not used a ARC enabled HDMI cable, that is the first step to correct.

2. If are using a ARC enabled HDMI cable, simply reverse the cable and try. That may work.

3. Try a different and 'faster' ARC enabled HDMI cable.

4. Call the TV or AVR technician.
Thanks for sharing info in such details.This is exactly what i was looking for.I have tried what you suggested. The only thing is now to check HDMI cable. Currently using Blue rigger High speed HDMI cable bought from amazon.Any other brand you can suggest available on amazon. i will try that

I am using Blue Rigger cable from Amazon only. Just make sure it is ARC enabled. They also sell ordinary cables. It must specifically say 'Audio Return'.

Something like this.

Hi,

but still no TV audio.

Expert FM please help

TV-TCL
AVR-Denon 1400h
Check if ARC is turned on in settings in your TV/ reciever. There should be an option in the settings menu to turn it On by default it's off.

I am using Blue Rigger cable from Amazon only. Just make sure it is ARC enabled. They also sell ordinary cables. It must specifically say 'Audio Return'.

Something like this.

Hi.I bought new HDMI cable belink but same issue. I think its not HDMI cable issue.let me tell you
1.My D2h/Set top box not attached to AVR,its attached to TV with HDMI cable(HDMI3 slot)
2.When i detach the D2h HDMI cable from TV then the CEC works and TV sound comes from AVR speaker.also see AVR name on TV.
3.But again when i attached D2h HDMI cable to TV then i face the same issue.

I dont want to attache D2h HDMI cable to AVR directly as family members are not comfortable to operate AVR

is there any solution

When you attach the set top box to the TV, the set top box becomes source and the TV becomes a passive device. It will not transmit the audio through ARC channel. In reality if you have a source that is external to the TV, you do not need an ARC cable.

Only solution I can think of is to get a HMDI switch with three positions - off, 1, and 2. Connect the set top box as the source, and have two out going HDMI cables. One to the TV and the other (two) to the AVR. When you family members are using the system, keep it switched to the TV position.

When you are using the system, keep it switched to the AVR position.

Remember in both these cases, you will not be needing nor using the ARC at all. The ARC cable you have now connected will operate like an ordinary HDMI cable.

As and when you get a smart TV, you can throw away the set to box, and use the ARC cable. When your people are using the system they should be reconciled to use the audio from the TV with the AVR switched off. When you are using the system, you can switch the AVR on and use the ARC and sound from the AVR.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back