Now a Soviet Era Drivers for the Mets

Honestly all these 3 YouTube links that Hari shared are pathetic sounding, including the two ones of the Soviet driver. Really don’t know why it’s sounding this bad. In the last one that Hari shared, I think those speakers are toed in a bit too much making the treble very sharp

I am not saying you tube videos sound great but at least you get some idea of how a speaker sounds.

Below is a YouTube link of Tekton Double Impact speaker

At least it gives you some idea of how that speaker sounds

Lot of squeaks of YouTube videos here.. Thought I would take a look.. :cool:

Gurus and stereophiles judging equipment by YouTube videos.. :eek:

Not my cuppa... So I am off :)

Yogibear, there are two ten inch woofers, two 6.5 inch mid bass drivers per speaker.

To my ears it’s almost as coherent as a single driver. No lobing or phase issues

mpw, I agree one cannot judge a speaker by a YouTube video. But if a video sounds very off I would be a little worried.

IMHO, judging any speaker by listening to youtube videos is terribly wrong. It depends on what you have used for recording. Mobile, camera, mic . Also if you are an ameature or a Pro will also matter. Hence junk all youtube videos and lsiten to the speakers one-on-one if possible and dont pass any judgment based on youtube videos..

Youtube videos should be used only to look at the product.

And He seems to be on very long round before he decided to land here !!!!

Hari, can you post some videos of your own Driver playing ?
Sorry, i wont, i dont want others to judge this speaker based on youtube video. You are always welcome to listen at my home if possible and it will be my pleasure to host you. There are already enough videos of this driver in youtube.

Hear this and you will know how good a speaker Western Electric is

Even on a YouTube video you can easily figure out certain qualities of a speaker.

In front of the Western Electric, the YouTube video of Tekton DI sounds artificial and broken. The Western Electric in comparison has great tone, impeccable timing and sounds completely natural and effortless

My ems fieldcoils playing Eva Cassidy's Song bird. Simple test recording. Will match them with my WE 300b amp soon.

Last edited:
My finished OB module arrives tomorrow evening. Will mount these Russian heads on them and will post images of the finished speaker later.

This is how they look after completion.

Yesterday late evening, i did some measurements for those who cant come down for a listen. These are for the mic at my usual listen position for only one speaker (right).

Attachments

• IMG_20180407_110534.jpg
    IMG_20180407_110534.jpg
    1,013.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20180407_110509.jpg
    IMG_20180407_110509.jpg
    919.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20180407_110457.jpg
    IMG_20180407_110457.jpg
    835.9 KB · Views: 46
  • SPL.jpg
    SPL.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Impulse.jpg
    Impulse.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Step.jpg
    Step.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Decay.jpg
    Decay.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Waterfall.jpg
    Waterfall.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Spectrogram.jpg
    Spectrogram.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Square wave.jpg
    Square wave.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 24
  • z.jpg
    z.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 23
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back