Now these are what you call SERIOUS Audiophiles in Japan

Thanks for the link. Now you have given the unattainable task of tweaking stereo.I am thinking of calling MTNL and let them have a good laugh at me.:signthankspin:

Own "clean" electric power connected to the grid! $100,000 Speakers!

Makes me feel much better about spending my hard earned money on expensive gear :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJJy6VJvSCk

An audiophile in India whom I respect a lot has a dedicated high capacity sinewave UPS and batteries. He runs his system directly on it rather than using the power supply from the grid. It is green too since he charges the UPS using solar power.

I was a bit lazy, so I have opted for a dedicated power line for my music system. I do not hear any difference in sound quality but it gives me peace of mind and something to boast about.

I power my chormecast with a battery bank instead of a 5 volt adapter. Does that make me a mad audiophile :)

An audiophile in India whom I respect a lot has a dedicated high capacity sinewave UPS and batteries. He runs his system directly on it rather than using the power supply from the grid. It is green too since he charges the UPS using solar power.

I was a bit lazy, so I have opted for a dedicated power line for my music system. I do not hear any difference in sound quality but it gives me peace of mind and something to boast about.

This makes most sense to me. If your'e affectively manufacturing your own power - hence guaranteed the cleanest Sine wave free from any noise. The only caveat is that he needs very well designed inverter to get that perfect Sine wave.

Last edited:
What are the other options for clean power? adding a UPS and battery is not only about cost but also space. What about power conditioners?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back