Nvidia shield/Kodi/Real Debrid.

Varaderoxl1000v

Good morning from Greece.

First I would like to thank the forum for acceptance.

Before I get into the subject that concerns me, I would like to introduce myself. I am absolutely interested in sound and image, it is my hobby!

For this purpose, I have spent a lot of money to buy a 2-channel audio system for listening to music (Digital & analog), and a 65 "TV (Sony KD 65 AF 8 Oled), which has been professionally tuned, for the best quality image.

I get to the main issue: I have installed Kodi on the TV, and I have a subscription to Real Debrid. Plays movie files very well, but is unable to play 50, 60, 70, 80 GB, or larger files.

Unfortunately, in files of this size the flow freezes every 2, 3 minutes. This does not happen when I select files from 10 to 40 - 45 GB.

Let's say that the tv is connected to the modem router with a good quality ethernet cable (Melco), and the internet speed is VDSL 100 mgbps, with Google dns.

To solve this problem, I thought about buying Nvidia Shield tv pro, but I do not know if this device CAN play such large files (up to 90 GB / HDR). It may? Does the Nvidia Shield tv pro processor and network card have the ability to do so?

The Nuc i7 8th gen / win 10, can do it without any problems, and I could see from that, but unfortunately it only performs 4k, not HDR. It does not have this feature.

Please, do you have an answer? Could you tell me if the Nvidia Shield tv pro can meet my requirements?

Thank you very much, I am waiting for your answers ...

Before I get into the subject that concerns me, I would like to introduce myself. I am absolutely interested in sound and image, it is my hobby!

For this purpose, I have spent a lot of money to buy a 2-channel audio system for listening to music (Digital & analog), and a 65 "TV (Sony KD 65 AF 8 Oled), which has been professionally tuned, for the best quality image.

I get to the main issue: I have installed Kodi on the TV, and I have a subscription to Real Debrid. Plays movie files very well, but is unable to play 50, 60, 70, 80 GB, or larger files.

Unfortunately, in files of this size the flow freezes every 2, 3 minutes. This does not happen when I select files from 10 to 40 - 45 GB.

Let's say that the tv is connected to the modem router with a good quality ethernet cable (Melco), and the internet speed is VDSL 100 mgbps, with Google dns.

To solve this problem, I thought about buying Nvidia Shield tv pro, but I do not know if this device CAN play such large files (up to 90 GB / HDR). It may? Does the Nvidia Shield tv pro processor and network card have the ability to do so?

The Nuc i7 8th gen / win 10, can do it without any problems, and I could see from that, but unfortunately it only performs 4k, not HDR. It does not have this feature.

Please, do you have an answer? Could you tell me if the Nvidia Shield tv pro can meet my requirements?

Hi,

Welcome to the group! let me try to provide my views:

Usually TV's network reception is very limited, it may not work well on Remux or files with >25 gb files.

And question is why you want to play files which are 50 or 60GB size ?

These big files are worth to play if you are having home theater and AVR which is capable of playing sound tracks like Dolby Atmos or DTS X or DTS Master HD etc, then its worth to play the big size files.

If your main aim is to play the movies with high quality image (HDR or Dolby vision) you can get those in the files which are average in size of 8 to 25 GB.

The >40 GB files in debrid mostly have additional size of multiple sound tracks and Subtitles. So, its not going make any difference than playing files with <25 gb in Stereo system.

And next question on Nvidia shield, its really a top notch android TV box, I am using it for the past 4 years both 2017 and new pro version. Never disappointed in playing any file size. I have the dedicated 7.2.2 HT. However, I usually play 4k, HDR movies max size of 25 to 45 GB. And never had any issues playing 90GB files too. But, i didnt find any image quality different playing 25gb and >40 gb.

Point is Shield pro can play any size and it can play 4k 60HZ, HDR and Dolby Vision etc.

last question: what is the speed of your internet ? you should have minimum 100 MBps to play files with >40gb size, even if you have the nvidia shield.

Shield , KODI and Debrid are really fun to have.... :)

Cheers.

Hi,

Welcome to the group! let me try to provide my views:

Usually TV's network reception is very limited, it may not work well on Remux or files with >25 gb files.

And question is why you want to play files which are 50 or 60GB size ?

These big files are worth to play if you are having home theater and AVR which is capable of playing sound tracks like Dolby Atmos or DTS X or DTS Master HD etc, then its worth to play the big size files.

If your main aim is to play the movies with high quality image (HDR or Dolby vision) you can get those in the files which are average in size of 8 to 25 GB.

The >40 GB files in debrid mostly have additional size of multiple sound tracks and Subtitles. So, its not going make any difference than playing files with <25 gb in Stereo system.

And next question on Nvidia shield, its really a top notch android TV box, I am using it for the past 4 years both 2017 and new pro version. Never disappointed in playing any file size. I have the dedicated 7.2.2 HT. However, I usually play 4k, HDR movies max size of 25 to 45 GB. And never had any issues playing 90GB files too. But, i didnt find any image quality different playing 25gb and >40 gb.

Point is Shield pro can play any size and it can play 4k 60HZ, HDR and Dolby Vision etc.

last question: what is the speed of your internet ? you should have minimum 100 MBps to play files with >40gb size, even if you have the nvidia shield.

Shield , KODI and Debrid are really fun to have.... :)

Cheers.
Hi.

Thank you very much for your answer. It was very informative!

First of all, I wrote in the first post, or the internet connection I have at home is VDSL 100 mgbps. I think there is no question of speed for Kodi / Debrid streaming service.

Nice question, why do I request such large files when I do not have a multi-channel system?

First of all, the multi-channel system is one of my top priorities! I will buy it! Therefore, I will need the multi-channel sound next winter.

But even now, with the two-channel system (source》 Tv》 optical cable》 Chord MScaler》 dac Chord Dave》 Integrated amplifier Mcintosh MA 8000》 Sonus Faber Olympica 3 loudspeaker, when I play small - medium size files (10 - 35, 40 GB) , I hear the difference in the sound of the movie. Clearly in large files the sound sounds richer and clearer. It has a better "body".

I think an 80, 90 GB movie file has much less compression, is less lossy, and that means better picture and sound. It works like in the music files, another performance has an mp3 320 kbps, and different a hires 24/192! And, of course, another dsd / dsf.
Of course, to spot the differences one must have a very good tv panel, and have calibrated, for the best possible color rendering.

The tv I have is the Sony KD 65 "AF 8 Oled tv, and it has been set up by a professional. I think it meets the requirements required to show the picture perfectly.

Before I got to Nvidia Shelf tv pro, I was watching the following devices:

1. Zidoo Neo x,

2. Zidoo Neo s,

3. Zidoo UHD 30004K,

4. DUNE max vision 4k.

But I thought especially for the first 3, (1, 2, 3), that I would pay for things (dac) that I already have. I did not need the internal dac that the devices have.

So I ended up with Nvidia shield, with this device I pay exactly what I need. The Kodi / real Debrid flow.

Please, because the cost is not such a big problem for me, if you have an opinion on the above 4 devices, I would love to hear it. Do you think they can reproduce better picture and sound?

I look forward to your answers, I am very interested!

Hi.

Thank you very much for your answer. It was very informative!

First of all, I wrote in the first post, or the internet connection I have at home is VDSL 100 mgbps. I think there is no question of speed for Kodi / Debrid streaming service.

Nice question, why do I request such large files when I do not have a multi-channel system?

First of all, the multi-channel system is one of my top priorities! I will buy it! Therefore, I will need the multi-channel sound next winter.

But even now, with the two-channel system (source》 Tv》 optical cable》 Chord MScaler》 dac Chord Dave》 Integrated amplifier Mcintosh MA 8000》 Sonus Faber Olympica 3 loudspeaker, when I play small - medium size files (10 - 35, 40 GB) , I hear the difference in the sound of the movie. Clearly in large files the sound sounds richer and clearer. It has a better "body".

I think an 80, 90 GB movie file has much less compression, is less lossy, and that means better picture and sound. It works like in the music files, another performance has an mp3 320 kbps, and different a hires 24/192! And, of course, another dsd / dsf.
Of course, to spot the differences one must have a very good tv panel, and have calibrated, for the best possible color rendering.

The tv I have is the Sony KD 65 "AF 8 Oled tv, and it has been set up by a professional. I think it meets the requirements required to show the picture perfectly.

Before I got to Nvidia Shelf tv pro, I was watching the following devices:

1. Zidoo Neo x,

2. Zidoo Neo s,

3. Zidoo UHD 30004K,

4. DUNE max vision 4k.

But I thought especially for the first 3, (1, 2, 3), that I would pay for things (dac) that I already have. I did not need the internal dac that the devices have.

So I ended up with Nvidia shield, with this device I pay exactly what I need. The Kodi / real Debrid flow.

Please, because the cost is not such a big problem for me, if you have an opinion on the above 4 devices, I would love to hear it. Do you think they can reproduce better picture and sound?

I look forward to your answers, I am very interested!
Hi,
Check zidoo z10 pro also for hdd play back.

@Varaderoxl1000v
Kodi has become resource hog,for seamless real debrid experience I would recommend apps like Streamio/wako, these offer Chromecast support/gives option to open videos in external player and Trakt option to manage your library/alert you on new eps.
Nvidia Shield pro doesn't break any sweat running these even for bluray remux from cached torrents.

Hi,
Check zidoo z10 pro also for hdd play back.
Hi Phani24.

I have the older model (Zidoo X - 10), but I'm not completely satisfied. While it has a very nice 4K image, for some reason it can not "pass" the HDR properly. In files with this encoding the image is blurred.

I contacted Zidoo, but they were not able to suggest a solution for it to work properly. So I would not like to go for a model with about the same capabilities, even newer. I can not show confidence.

If I were to buy Zidoo, I would get one of their big models.

But, as I said in another post, these devices have audio (dac, streamer) and audio output capabilities that I do not enjoy. I have these options with other devices that do it I think better. I do not need to give money again!

The only reason I could think of buying expensive Zidoo devices, is for them to deliver better picture and sound. I do not know. And they are very expensive devices to ... try it!

I repeat, if any member of the forum has experience with Zidoo Neo x, Neo s, UHD3000 4K, Vs Nvidia Shield tv pro, it would be very important to me. It will help me a lot in the final choice.

I am delaying the purchase of Nvidia Shield, waiting to get as many views as possible on this issue ...

@Varaderoxl1000v
Kodi has become resource hog,for seamless real debrid experience I would recommend apps like Streamio/wako, these offer Chromecast support/gives option to open videos in external player and Trakt option to manage your library/alert you on new eps.
Nvidia Shield pro doesn't break any sweat running these even for bluray remux from cached torrents.
I know stremio, I have it installed on Nuc, as well as on tv, and I have connected it to RD. To tell the truth ... I prefer the KODI interface. I like it more!

@Varaderoxl1000v
Really? For me somehow it works flawlessly on my meager nuc along with other background apps like torrent,browser and spotify etc

Really? For me somehow it works flawlessly on my meager nuc along with other background apps like torrent,browser and spotify etc
it works but every addon updates breaks one thing or the other, the last kodi upgrade broke the inputstream.adaptive which is critical for live streams.

it works but every addon updates breaks one thing or the other, the last kodi upgrade broke the inputstream.adaptive which is critical for live streams.
Oh okay I use it exclusively for offline material and all the add-ons for that work seamlessly though I don't even feel the need to upgrade kodi versions now...

I would like to close the topic, saying that I finally preferred the solution of buying an android tv box.

Specifically, I bought an Nvidia Shield tv pro, which, after proper adjustments, performs perfectly. It can play any file format and size, with very good image up to 4k, HDR, & Dolby Vision.

I was particularly impressed by the algorithm that upscaling sd, 720p, 1080p, in 4k. It really helps to make it better.

I am very satisfied with the purchase!

P.S .: What I would like from the manufacturers, in their future models, to incorporate a coax, or optical audio output. It would be of great help to users who only have a two-channel audio player, not a multi-channel.

I would like to close the topic, saying that I finally preferred the solution of buying an android tv box.

Specifically, I bought an Nvidia Shield tv pro, which, after proper adjustments, performs perfectly. It can play any file format and size, with very good image up to 4k, HDR, & Dolby Vision.

I was particularly impressed by the algorithm that upscaling sd, 720p, 1080p, in 4k. It really helps to make it better.

I am very satisfied with the purchase!

P.S .: What I would like from the manufacturers, in their future models, to incorporate a coax, or optical audio output. It would be of great help to users who only have a two-channel audio player, not a multi-channel.

nvidia sheild tv pro is very expensive in india . without warranty they are selling it for 27000 in chennai. is there any alternatives within 25k with warranty?

nvidia sheild tv pro is very expensive in india . without warranty they are selling it for 27000 in chennai. is there any alternatives within 25k with warranty?
You can get it from Amazon.com for approx 24k. If someone can carry it from the US then around 15k.

Last edited:
get it from Australia if you can, it goes on sale all the time, got mine for 268AUD during last sale, Oz version even comes with Indian plug

get it from Australia if you can, it goes on sale all the time, got mine for 268AUD during last sale, Oz version even comes with Indian plug
Could you please share a link? I checked on Amazon Australia and could not even see any listing.

I don't think buying nvidia shield and playing through Kodi will be helpful. Because I tried playing a movie with 60gb. Kodi in nvidia shield gets hanged And stutter. You can not get back or close Kodi. You have switch off nvidia shield itself and then start it to use it again. Media players like zidoo, himedia,etc play them successfully.

I don't think buying nvidia shield and playing through Kodi will be helpful. Because I tried playing a movie with 60gb. Kodi in nvidia shield gets hanged And stutter. You can not get back or close Kodi. You have switch off nvidia shield itself and then start it to use it again. Media players like zidoo, himedia,etc play them successfully.
I use nivida sheild tv pro, it doesn't stutter. I play 90gb file (no time to die) without any issues. I highly recommend nvidia sheild tv pro. I had ziddo Z10 previously, i find nivida sheild tv pro faster than all other media players available in the market. And it's comparetively cheaper in price

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back