Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

Hi,

Let me check the settings in Kodi. for me, the Tv shows 4k @ 60Hz all the time even when playing movies.

I am using the Kodi from play store 17.6...

and which is your TV model?

Mine is LeEco Super3 X55, which 4k tv are you using currently?

@Immu : Under the HDMI setting in Nvidia, there is option to change the output type. did you try changing them? and in The TV, is there any option to change the HMDI mode? in VU, there is an enhanced mode for HDMI which needs to be enabled for HDR and other stuffs.

Mine is VU 50" Pixelight HDR
Ok, i was wondering, coz i see sony 32w700b on your profile:),

Alright! i did some test on my player using diff media players, MX player from the play-store works much better than any other player, i could see better color reproduction and details, much better audio than kodi & smpc player, i think Shield's default media player is not that great either, Kodi & smpc are of same version 71.6 so next version 18 should me better coz i was using kodi 18 on my H96pro+ and i had a same issue while i was using kodi 17.6 on it later when i installed 18 i could see better color details but there was some lip sync issue with audio when i had set the resolution to 4k an also the device use to get hot very soon hence i had to run it @1080p, my shield is not accepting the kodi 18 pre-release version, need to do some more research, at times Mx player gets stuck little, while watching movies kind of jerk in the audio all of a sudden in the middle of a movie, if the file is very large.

@Immu : Under the HDMI setting in Nvidia, there is option to change the output type. did you try changing them? and in The TV, is there any option to change the HMDI mode? in VU, there is an enhanced mode for HDMI which needs to be enabled for HDR and other stuffs.
In LeEco TV all three ports says its an HDMI 2.0 and there is no other settings i did try if there is some but could not find any. In shield all settings i've changed to max to get the best result.

Is there a 'how to do' for sideloading Kodi/LibreElec on the Shield. Or is it simply a matter of installing Kodi from Play store?

I am expecting my Shield to arrive from the US (newegg.com) anytime next few days. Ordered after cancelling Fire TV 4K order with Amazon as I needed more control over local streaming.

Is there a 'how to do' for sideloading Kodi/LibreElec on the Shield. Or is it simply a matter of installing Kodi from Play store?

I am expecting my Shield to arrive from the US (newegg.com) anytime next few days. Ordered after cancelling Fire TV 4K order with Amazon as I needed more control over local streaming.

Kodi you can download from the playstore. So no need of sideloading.

Amazon.com has a $139 offer on Shield TV. Ships to India all included INR 16648. Never seen this low price before. Just thought of posting if anyone is looking to buy..

Got my nVidia Shield TV from newegg.com for INR 15998 all inclusive including express international delivery. Ordered last friday and got it yesterday. It took just 36 hours from the time of order to reach Bengaluru airport, but then various delays took sweet little time travel within India.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back