nvidia shield tv pro 2019 vs Apple tv 2022

Fire stick supports Dolby upto 7.1/Atmos/Dolby vision/HDR10+ on all streaming apps.

Nvidia is not supporting zee5/aha Dolby 5.1/Atmos, it's only stereo(2.0) output.

Iam using nvidia shield tv pro ,zee5/aha not supporting Dolby on shield tv.
@karteek23, how is the AI video upscaling of OTT content on nvidia shield tv pro? You happy with the video quality?

@karteek23, how is the AI video upscaling of OTT content on nvidia shield tv pro? You happy with the video quality?
I don't have 4k tv, I have non-smart LG 32" full hd tv which my dad bought in 2007.

I can see good upscaling on nvidia 720p to 1080p, not great but it is fine.
All apps don't support nvidia AI upscaling feature which nvidia developed.

Have tried fire tv cube, apple tv and shield....I must say Shield is the best and robust for enthusiasts, where as the other 2 are just for OTT viewing with crippled functionalities...None of the other boxes support USB playback of BD remuxes and passthru hi-res audio perfectly

Haven't used either Apple or Nvidia. Fire Cube and 4k here.

Among all players, Fire devices are the only ones that run every Indian streaming service perfectly with all audio and video features.

For example, Prime video app is kind of crippled on Android TV, and Netflix and YouTube doesn't play well with Apple TV.

OK, update to my previous observation (the initial obseravtion was having both only for few days for comparision). It's been a while I have both of them and watching content on both.

I feel Apple TV handles sound better.
Picture too, I am taking back my previous observations, however, NVIDIA is not far behind. You can't go wrong with either one of them.
App interfaces are better on Nvidia. Overall, I am leaning little towards ATV.

The new fire tv cube seems to be a promising device . It has an Ai upscaling engine toou
still doesnt support USB hard drive playback of hi-res movies. Thats a must for any box I guess
I am not sure , as long as Plex or Kodi work on it it’s fine, I for one haven’t got anything on a local device for a decade.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back