Nvidia Shield Tv/Pro group buying possible?

soumyajit92

Hi, was wondering if it is possible to get a group buying discussion going since so many people are looking for the device. If someone has any connection who can manage a bulk order and give us a deal that'd be really really sweet.

Is the pro Really worth it ?
I bought the pro because i had some spare cash, and ultimately for any smart device, i will take as much RAM as possible
but are the additional features useful for the average user - Plex Server, additional ports etc.

I bought the pro because i had some spare cash, and ultimately for any smart device, i will take as much RAM as possible
but are the additional features useful for the average user - Plex Server, additional ports etc.
Tube version is sufficient for an average user.

The Pro will do better upscaling ?

Interested in buying a Shield Pro to replace my 2017 Shield Tv.

I have 2017 shield tv. Will there be any major difference between shield tv and shield pro in upscaling?

I have 2017 shield tv. Will there be any major difference between shield tv and shield pro in upscaling?
No difference both use X1 plus processor.
Only difference if for gaming where pro has higher ram and pro has usb port to play hdd

if you mean difference between 2017 shield Tv that you have and 2019 Shield TV pro than its day and night, or if between Tube and pro 2019 than depends on the need, tube is a good buy if only streaming is needed.

It's really worth every penny if you buy it in the USA at $250. You can't use Plex in the tube version. you need to have Pro for it. I am using Shield Pro for the last 3-4 months and I'm satisfied with it. I have Firestick 4k, Himedia 4k player, and many other media players but none comes close to Shield TV Pro. The only downside is that you need to install VPN to get third-party app working.

Hi I have pro version.can someone guide me how to use Plex server.im not tech person please pardon my ignorance.thanks

I keep hearing conflicting statements with regards to Atmos capabilities across streaming apps(Netflix, Amazon, etc.,). Can anyone confirm that the Pro version play 4k and Atmos on all the apps(atleast Netflix, Amazon)? Not sure if Hotstar has Atmos content or not!

I keep hearing conflicting statements with regards to Atmos capabilities across streaming apps(Netflix, Amazon, etc.,). Can anyone confirm that the Pro version play 4k and Atmos on all the apps(atleast Netflix, Amazon)? Not sure if Hotstar has Atmos content or not!
Yes, Shield Pro supports ATMOS on Netflix and so as other streaming sticks like Roku. Streaming services use ATMOS over DD+ (lossy encryption) to conserve bandwidth. The Use Case where Pro shines is when you play the BD rips from hard drive. BD uses Dolby TrueHD (lossless encryption) to send ATMOS Metadata and Shield Pro (probably the only one) can handle it flawlessly.

Yes, Shield Pro supports ATMOS on Netflix and so as other streaming sticks like Roku. Streaming services use ATMOS over DD+ (lossy encryption) to conserve bandwidth. The Use Case where Pro shines is when you play the BD rips from hard drive. BD uses Dolby TrueHD (lossless encryption) to send ATMOS Metadata and Shield Pro (probably the only one) can handle it flawlessly.
Thank you for the information. The search now starts for see if anyone is travelling from US ... tough to find during these COVID times!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back