Nvidia Shield Tv/Pro group buying possible?

Thank you for the information. The search now starts for see if anyone is travelling from US ... tough to find during these COVID times!
If you are primarily into streaming (Netflix, Prime Video, Apple TV+) get a Roku. It offers the best quality/price ratio.

I keep hearing conflicting statements with regards to Atmos capabilities across streaming apps(Netflix, Amazon, etc.,). Can anyone confirm that the Pro version play 4k and Atmos on all the apps(atleast Netflix, Amazon)? Not sure if Hotstar has Atmos content or not

If you are primarily into streaming (Netflix, Prime Video, Apple TV+) get a Roku. It offers the best quality/price ratio.
Prime video hot star zee 5 other Indian channels doesn't function with Roku

Prime video hot star zee 5 other Indian channels doesn't function with Roku
Right, since it's meant to operate within US/UK, Indian apps won't work that are not published in their app store. However Prime Video works without any additional effort. For Zee 5 (works with India account), you need to get the Roku registered with UK account (through vpn, after registration works with Indian Ip) since it's available on UK store. Hotstar (available in US store) works as well but you need a Hotstar US account.

Last edited:
Right, since it's meant to operate within US, Indian apps won't work that are not published in their app store. However Prime Video works without any additional effort. For Zee 5, you need to get the Roku registered with UK account (through vpn). Hotstar works as well but you need a Hotstar US account.
So we need to pay in pounds and dollars for subscription,,works out expensive

Ordered from Amazon US. Let's see when it arrives! Shipping is through Aramex. So, Apple TV+ is available for Shield Pro?

Last edited:
Yes, Shield Pro supports ATMOS on Netflix and so as other streaming sticks like Roku. Streaming services use ATMOS over DD+ (lossy encryption) to conserve bandwidth. The Use Case where Pro shines is when you play the BD rips from hard drive. BD uses Dolby TrueHD (lossless encryption) to send ATMOS Metadata and Shield Pro (probably the only one) can handle it flawlessly.
Is there a place where I can figure out 4K and Atmos content across these platforms?
Also for local content, I am assuming that you are talking about using Kodi app, or some other apps like VLC, etc?

For a consumer good like Nvidia shield, I dont think group buys will work. You can order it from Amazon.com for 24k all inclusive, so why bother for a group buy and you will get in 15 days.

Yes, A new version of NSTV is planned to be released next year (internal source confirmed). It is supposed to be a big upgrade.

Yes, A new version of NSTV is planned to be released next year (internal source confirmed). It is supposed to be a big upgrade.
Hi, can we have a source to your information? I'd really like to know, I'm looking here and there about it and couldn't find anything.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back