Nvidia Shield VS Minix Vs Mac mini

Nvidea Shield

HDMI from device to TV & USB audio out to my Kef LS50
Shield has no Optical audio out.

Pros
-The best video quality I've experienced so far, the blacks are blacker than every before and the dynamic range is brilliant. Even Youtube videos look like HD movies.
-Voice search is a revelation. For Youtube all you have to do is speak into the remote and its super accurate, even for indian content.
- Certain apps like torrents, chrome, popcorn time can be side loaded quite easily.

Cons
- The UI, its not for me, not as flexible as either the MiniX or the Mac.
- Some side loaded Apps like Hotstar does not work properly.
- Sound quality is not the best you can get.
- Android TV OS, its just not there yet, but then neither is Apple TV OS.

My favorite pick is the NVIDIA Shield. Love that device because I am a gamer also. :)

My favorite pick is the NVIDIA Shield. Love that device because I am a gamer also. :)

HI to ALL Nvidia Shield TV Users, I planning for a device which can support my 2TB HDD and read 4k HDR files for movie playback and should support 5.1 Dts-hd surround sound pass-through for my AVR, i don't care for these Netflix, Amazon tv etc. not much interested in online streaming services,

could not find much reviews for my requirement, Nvidia Shield 2017 Specs seems to be good but not sure if this will be suitable for my requirement since you guys are using it please let me know, cause my cousin is traveling to US next week so i can get one or if there is any other media box that could serve my purpose do let me know.

Immu,
The shield will fit your requirements.
download ESS file explorer from the play store and browse the HDD media, you can use the built in ESS file player or Kodi for playback.
5.1 support is built in to shield.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back