Okki Nokki Record Cleaning Machine

rikhav

Hello friends,
Wanted to know if anyone has any personal experience using this record cleaning device and is it worth it's price ?

TIA

correct!! I am not that active these days, somehow saw the post, let me share briefly my experience.

I bought the Okki Nokki record cleaning machine few years back and its running flawlessly till date. Its a simple equipment - has a platter which is turned CW and CCW by a powerful motor, and a vacuum cleaner is fitted with a soft brush that when placed on a record surface sucks the dirt from the grooves. In LPs I believe in - "garbage in equals garbage out", i.e. if the record is already damaged nothing can help. But if a record is in good condition, need not be MINT/NEAR MINT, this machine cleans really deep and the result is mostly very good. I have samples of audio which turns out to be deadly silent. However, there are LPs which remained noisy but within reasonable bound, a few pointer

1. Buy old analog original pressing, not the newly released digital s***, they are nothing more than over hyped/over priced 12" CD
2. Try to buy LPs by physical inspection, place it under sunlight and determine the state of grooves, its an art and one develops this in decades.
3. Buy a turntable which produces only low-level signal, not the ones with "in built-phono...", Pro-ject, Rega entry level TTs are just fine
4. Buy a MM cartridge, ORTOFON, SHURE, AUDIO TECHNICA etc....
5. Use a MM Phono stage, again Rega, Pro-ject are better choice.
6. Buy less but quality LPs, spend the amount in VG++ to EXCELLENT LPs
7. Do not consider Record Cleaning Machine unless you are desperate for finest quality sound

By the way why LP?? it is a dead technology, LPs are not manufactured any more, what is on sale is not what used to be pure analog sound. Please take this as a suggestion from a well wisher who has gone bankrupt because of LPs. If you are into western music, CD pressings are as good as analog, but if you are into bollywood, CD pressings are poorer and LPs are equivalent to human organs these days in terms of cost.

all the best
Arnab

Arnab,
Thanks a lot for coming back alive on the forum to answer my query :)

I absolutely concur with whatever you have posted about LPs as a medium to listen to music.

I have a friend who is not on the forum and is very keen to buy a record cleaning machine because he is very particular how he cleans them and unfortunately it's eating up a lot of time. He is mostly into Bollywood and prefers to purchase old records after inspecting it himself.

So basically he wanted to know someone's experience before importing the machine as I believe there is no one importing OKKI NOKKI to India .

So I will share your post with him.

One query from my side.
Do you have any static buildup in the records after using the vacuum brush?

Rikhav,
I am using DIY ultrasonic cleaner with VacumVac 33.The results are as good as any other machine.Total cost came to about 23K last year.will share the details with you.
Deep cleaning is possible only if the fluid reach the bottom of the groove.
Water will not reach in to the depth of the groove due to surface tension.
Spirit (Alcohol) should not be used to clean the LPs.
WD 40 will harm the lps.

6 liters of distilled water with 5 ml of Triton X100 and 5 ml of Enzyme (3M) is the fluid used in the ultrasonic tank.
Tritox X 100 is used to reduce surface tension(surfactant).This help fluid to get in contact in the deepest part of the groove.Ultrasonic cavitations, then can reach the deepest part of the groove to clean it thoroughly.The vinyl rotates in this fluid at 1 RPM for about 7 to 8 minutes.
The next step starts immediately.
This is done on a used old turntable.The LP is brushed with plain distilled water and wet vacuuming is used to dry each side of the using VinylVac 33
wand attached on the Eureka Forbes vacuum cleaner .

This LP is clean and as it is wet vacuumed ,it does not have Static.I keep them in plastic LP covers supplied by you.
I use Carbon Brush to clean off the static built up after storage.
My shibata stylus on Shure M 97Xe ,Nagaoka MP110 and Denon 103R MC reach in to the depth of the groove and hence I can hear the information from the depth of the groove even from the used records.
The observation regarding New bollywood records is correct.This is due to the fact that these records are made from Digital masters.I was informed that the digital masters are recorded at 48/24 rate and not 192/24 in the studios.While overseas,they use high resolution digital masters and hence
western music still sound better on Lps.
I have Yanni Live At Acropolis which sound better than the CD and DVD.
The US cleaning machine can be procured from Aliexpress.
The Clamp for stacking the Lps can be procured from FM Nishant from Pune.
Vinyl Vac 33 is available On Amazon
Any Wet Vacuum cleaner will do.
Thanks Happy Listening.
PS I find your LP covers best value for money. Big thanks for the covers Rikhav.
Dr. Khanwelkar C. A.

I use home made cleaning fluid, apply it carefully with a brush so that the dirt in the grooves softens, then apply the vacuum for two complete spin, following this keep the LP vertically for a few minutes for air drying, since the vacuum nearly sucks all the liquid not much is left for drying, before placing the needle on the LP I apply again anti static brush, I did not notice any such static buildup, just another suggestion - once cleaned put the LPs in cleaner inner jacket, a LP if taken proper care of should last a life time, everything about a LP is out of world - sonic bliss, art work, information, sound stage, instrumental authenticity......moreover its exactly what R.D.Burman or KHAYYAM or PINK FLOYD or KRAFTWERK wanted us to hear.

Triton X100 and 5 ml of Enzyme
Sir, Is this the 3M Rapid Multi-Enzyme Cleaner 70500 ? And which brand of the Triton X-100? Are these solutions available in small quantities? Any 'link' available for this products? Thanks.
Sunder.

sorry for the delayed reply.
DIY US Cleaner is developed by my frient FM Nishant.
Trton X-100 is available at chemical shop.
500 ml bottle.

Can vouch for Okki Nokki, it is a good RCM. Hope you can get it at a good price here, i got mine from Bangkok many years ago for a pretty good price. Ultimately, it is worth the money just to have clean records!

Can vouch for Okki Nokki, it is a good RCM. Hope you can get it at a good price here, i got mine from Bangkok many years ago for a pretty good price. Ultimately, it is worth the money just to have clean records!

Thank you so much Tek for your reply.

Infact I sent a PM to you regarding this.

I also wanted to know if you have static on the record after doing vacuum on the Okki Nikki?

Okki Nikki is a brand

Presence of static depends on the process

Project VC-S is also good I am told

Avbl in Mumbai

Last edited by a moderator:
Okki Nikki is a brand

Presence of static depends on the process

Project VC-S is also good I am told

Avbl in Mumbai

Absolutely right Mahesh Bhai

What I wanted to know is after doing the vacuum process on the Okki Nikki RCM does the record get any static
Because the brush slightly touches the record for suction of dust

Absolutely right Mahesh Bhai

What I wanted to know is after doing the vacuum process on the Okki Nikki RCM does the record get any static
Because the brush slightly touches the record for suction of dust
From my experience it helps to eliminate static, because it is a wet clean i find that static is more prevalent when you do a dry clean.

Hello friends,
Wanted to know if anyone has any personal experience using this record cleaning device and is it worth it's price ?

TIA
Hi Rikhav,

I've got a couple of my dirty LPs cleaned on an Okki Nokki - at the dealer's place where I got my TT. Did a fantastic job, but the machine is so expensive that I'm happy with the laborious hand washing under a tap followed by spin cleaner!

Hi Rikhav,

I've got a couple of my dirty LPs cleaned on an Okki Nokki - at the dealer's place where I got my TT. Did a fantastic job, but the machine is so expensive that I'm happy with the laborious hand washing under a tap followed by spin cleaner!

Hello
Thank you very much for the information
Can you help me with dealer details who sells the Okki Nokki

sorry for the delayed reply.
DIY US Cleaner is developed by my frient FM Nishant.
Trton X-100 is available at chemical shop.
500 ml bottle.
Does your friend sell the DIY US cleaner. Tried cleaning some old records with the okkinokki but the result is poor. Also tried off the shelf cleaning fluids from Mofi but no much improvement hence as a last option looking for an ultrasonic cleaner

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back