OLED burn in issue

No, I do want want stress later. Question is, is the warranty the same if I take from LG directly or from reliance digital from where I bought the tv?

I have heard from other fellow members that OLED panels like Plasma are suceptible to screen burning or image retention issues. It's unfortunate but it is true. So the best might not be a realistic plan would be to use this TV for watching only full screen contents without any logo like movies and use a LCD TV for watching regular TV programme. I have an old Samsung plasma TV that I use only for watching movies and I never had any image retention issue. Plasma screen really dazzles in a low light environment which is best suited for movies and I use it for that application only. You have to think on similar grounds when watching OLED TV, use it where you are able to maximize its performance.
Thanks

LG C8 has solved the of screen burn in this model and higher models.
Provided that you keep the TV for that long ;)

why not when you are paying around 2L,and 4k is going to remain and dominate for another 5 yrs plus.

Its always better to opt for extended warranty especially for higher
end models,as the cost of replacing spares and service will be exorbitant, i had paid Rs.36000/- to reliance for additional 2 yrs,so i will be keeping aside Rs. 1500/- (36000/24 months);P.M as service and spares charges in case the tv fails (which includes the whole body replacement) rather then to spend in thousands if not with warranty. The front 4k panel if need replacment alone may cost you around 1L, so thats the advantage of extended warranty.

The reports are quite confusing while showroom says burn in not covered I see here that panels have been replaced. Planning for a 65 inch oled from LG but need to know if there will be peace for 2 years at least. Any suggestions?

Generally speaking how serious/frequent is the burn in issue on oled?
Is watching football matches which have static scoreboard in the corner for 2 hours straight will lead to burn in?

Generally speaking how serious/frequent is the burn in issue on oled?
Is watching football matches which have static scoreboard in the corner for 2 hours straight will lead to burn in?
If thats the only program u watch every day for 2 hours for over months, then you may end up having burn in. But, if your watching habits are not limited to it, its not an issue.

The reports are quite confusing while showroom says burn in not covered I see here that panels have been replaced. Planning for a 65 inch oled from LG but need to know if there will be peace for 2 years at least. Any suggestions?
While making a claim for warranty u dont tell them straight everything. I told them there are some patches on the display and I dont know where they came from, acted as if I didnt know anything. They honored the warranty and replaced it for me.

Reliance is quoting 62K for their ResQ on LG 65C8. The higher amount is because of the bracket it falls under (some 4L bracket for the 65 inch model). They are offering a 10% discount on top of it. I feel the price is very high; any other recommendations?

Reliance is quoting 62K for their ResQ on LG 65C8. The higher amount is because of the bracket it falls under (some 4L bracket for the 65 inch model). They are offering a 10% discount on top of it. I feel the price is very high; any other recommendations?
Be cautious about Resq warranty. I've not come across a single +ve review about them. If u really want the extended warranty , better go for the oem.

Those who had reported burn in issues, can you please confirm if the issue happened even after the "Logo Luminance Adjustment" option was enabled ?.

Those who had reported burn in issues, can you please confirm if the issue happened even after the "Logo Luminance Adjustment" option was enabled ?.

What i have learned from the AV GURU'S here, If you wish trouble free experience stick to these fundamental rules for all sort of problems:

1) Buy LED TV: For Living room/bedroom with medium to high ambient light environment and for mainly watching TV channels and occasional movie watching. Led tv's have lots of brightness to cope with rooms which generally have medium to high ambient lighting (sunlight during day and electrical lights during night) and provide much better picture quality with ample contrast and a lot less visible light bleed or blooming. And they are also burn-in free. Full array LED tv's are best for dedicated movie watching but costly. Due high levels of brightness which you might find hard to control that in a DARK or Dedicated Home theater room and such high levels of brightness can cause eye fatigue and other issues.

2) Buy OLED TV: For DARK or Dedicated Home theater room with very low to NIL ambient light environment and for mainly watching movies and occasional TV channel watching , OLED tv's have a lot less brightness compared to LED Tv's. OLED tv's are best for dedicated movie watching but a lot costly too. Due to low levels of brightness, its not that hard to control that in a DARK or Dedicated Home theater room and that causes less eye fatigue etc. OLED TV's have one of the best contrast and color Gamut. (QLED TV comes quite close, some claim even better as far as colour volume is concerned, but the price points are still very high for even a QLED TV)

P.S: I have a small dedicated HT room with OLED TV with no ambient light and its totally dark during day time as well. I watch a lot of movies, in fact, i watch only movies. I seldom sleep while watching TV. For me an OLED TV made a lot of sense. Burn-in under such a use of an OLED TV is quite less risky. Newer 2018 OLED tv are reported to have a lot less Burn-in issue with improved pixel structure etc.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back