Omishra PSU - mods for high current requirement

rbalu72

I have few Omishra PSU boards populated and would like to draw more than 1.5A current from the output points.

What all mods required to achieve this?

I would like to put 18-0-18, 5A as input and obtain about 0-25v dc, 5A and 10V-0-10V to drive a pre from the same board.

Please, can someone suggest? Attaching OPS Manual for reference.

Thanks,

Attachments

• OPS Manual.pdf
    982.4 KB · Views: 19
@balu, I had a chat with Omishra/Sachin last year for the same need especially to build a VFM LPSU for the Pi3 which needs 5V 2.5A for good performance. As per them with the LM317/337 regulators I think the max current handling can be only 1 to 1.25A max. So I think the regulators are the bottleneck to achieve higher current. I did use small TO-220 heat sinks on them for my DAC build initially but that was less than 500mA.

Check out lm137 and lm138. You will need a pass transistor for the 137. Lot of circuits on the net, and it should not be too difficult to adapt omishra's pcb.

There is newer PCB which will make this mod easy or go for capacitance multiplier board. Ask Sachin for both of them.

Attachments

• OPS_Rev1.pdf
    974 KB · Views: 35
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back