One question + one info byte on cables.

realactivex

Hi All

Just had a quick question on cables for my proposed wharfedale 9.5' speakers.

I spoke with Audio dynamics in bangalore and they are offering 16 guage (guage not very clearly specified but the thickness of all copper strands together were around 1.5mm). He quoted 65rs/meter for this unbranded taiwanese make. While i am willing to spend upto 100rs/meter, i wanted to check with you folks on the cables you have for your system and where you procured them and for how much (including the subwoofer cable). Any leads or contacts (hopefully in bangalore) much appreciated!
Another problem with the taiwanese cables were non marking of the polarities. It would be hell to identify which cable goes where after installation

By the way, i purchased belden hdmi cables direct from manufacturer in the UK. bluejeanscable.co.uk. I got a 25 feet cable for around 5000 INR shipped to bangalore, incl all costs and taxes and duties. (i am yet to recv the cable)
Have a great time!
Murali

Hi Cranky,
Thanks for your reply..
I just wanted to be doubly sure if your reply was intended for my post or was it for another. I was finding it slightly hard to get the bigger picture of what you were telling.,. Please can you elaborate if your reply was intended for me..
Sorry for this
Regards
Murali

Till such time you confirm 16AWG then you should be fine. Dont go by the thickness of hte cable visually as many times its the sleeve that thicker than the copper itself. If there is nothing on the cable to suggest it is a particular AWG, keep away from it.

I have run 16AWG for upto 20ft with low impedance (8 ohm) and efficient speakers (89 db). They are fine as at the time of this writing !

Hi All

Just had a quick question on cables for my proposed wharfedale 9.5' speakers.

I spoke with Audio dynamics in bangalore and they are offering 16 guage (guage not very clearly specified but the thickness of all copper strands together were around 1.5mm). He quoted 65rs/meter for this unbranded taiwanese make. While i am willing to spend upto 100rs/meter, i wanted to check with you folks on the cables you have for your system and where you procured them and for how much (including the subwoofer cable). Any leads or contacts (hopefully in bangalore) much appreciated!
Another problem with the taiwanese cables were non marking of the polarities. It would be hell to identify which cable goes where after installation

By the way, i purchased belden hdmi cables direct from manufacturer in the UK. bluejeanscable.co.uk. I got a 25 feet cable for around 5000 INR shipped to bangalore, incl all costs and taxes and duties. (i am yet to recv the cable)
Have a great time!
Murali

That VDH thing looks like snake oil in a bottle. Come to think of it, that's what it probably is. ;)

Van den Hul and Snake oil? Et Tu Brute, then fall VDH after Monster.

You are too suspicious, though given the circumstances and the requirement, you are probably correct. This will most probably be simple Isopropyl Alcohol with, as Suhas loves to put it, some scent kissed by astral virgins. :):):)

Realactivex, who don't you look at DAC cables? They are of good quality. The speaker cables will be around 70 odd rupees per meter, and you will get a high quality sub woofer cable of 4 meter length for about 2500. DAC is distributed by Designer Audio, and I am sure they have dealers in Bangalore. There is thread somewhere where Sounsdsgreat has mentioned the name and reputation of the original manufacturer in Taiwan. The company seems to be very highly reputed.

Cheers

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back