spirovious

Hi,

I have Onida DVD player for last 3 years connected to Onkyo
HTib.

First time problem came.When I insert DVD ,message comes
'No Disc'

CDs are played sometimes.

I thought of Lens problem but cds do not skip while playing
Sounds is proper.Philips lens cleaner run,it sounds perfect.

so what can it be?

thanks.

Sorry for the late reply.

Step 1
Play a disc you are sure has worked before. If it does now, there is nothing wrong with your player.

Step 2
Check the non-playing disc for scratches and dirt. If the disc is damaged it may not play properly.

Step 3
Make sure the discs you're using fit the correct format specified by your DVD player. For example, if your DVD player doesn??t support DVD-R's, then you can??t use such a DVD.

Step 4
Clean the laser lens with a DVD laser lens cleaning disc.

Step 5
Insert a correctly-formatted, undamaged disc into your player. Listen to see if it begins to read the disc. If it continues to make no sound and gives you the same message, then the problem is probably that your disc is not spinning in the device.

Step 6
Turn the device off and unplug it. Take off the outer casing by removing the three or four screws and lifting the top piece off. This will allow you to see if anything is simply stuck or jammed. If this is the case, a simple nudge back to the correct position will fix the problem. Maybe there is alot of dust accumulated in the drive mechanism. If this is the case clean with isopropyl alcohol and a clean cloth.

DO NOT TRY TO RUN THE UNIT WITH IT'S COVER OPEN.

Step 7
Clean the lens while the DVD player is open. A dirty lens is most likely the cause of your no-disc error. The lens should be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab.

Step 8
If none of this works, take your DVD player to have it professionally fixed. Onida should be easy as they have service centers in all cities.

Cheers

Audio Cd plays while a Video CD/ DVD does not-typically a case where the laser is going.
In case the DIY steps given by Venkat do not work, your best bet would be to take to a ONIDA service centre-avoid other " roadside " guys.
Before you ask the Onida people to go ahead & repair it, get an estimate, & then decide whether repairs are worth it or its time to get a new DVD player-the standard ones' are so cheap these days.

Hi,

With your kind advice I replaced DVD lens.
Now CD,VCD & MP3 can play ,but DVD dont.(same earlier also)
What can be the problem,any special setting?

Sorry for the late reply.

Step 1
Play a disc you are sure has worked before. If it does now, there is nothing wrong with your player.

Step 2
Check the non-playing disc for scratches and dirt. If the disc is damaged it may not play properly.

Step 3
Make sure the discs you're using fit the correct format specified by your DVD player. For example, if your DVD player doesn??t support DVD-R's, then you can??t use such a DVD.

Step 4
Clean the laser lens with a DVD laser lens cleaning disc.

Step 5
Insert a correctly-formatted, undamaged disc into your player. Listen to see if it begins to read the disc. If it continues to make no sound and gives you the same message, then the problem is probably that your disc is not spinning in the device.

Step 6
Turn the device off and unplug it. Take off the outer casing by removing the three or four screws and lifting the top piece off. This will allow you to see if anything is simply stuck or jammed. If this is the case, a simple nudge back to the correct position will fix the problem. Maybe there is alot of dust accumulated in the drive mechanism. If this is the case clean with isopropyl alcohol and a clean cloth.

DO NOT TRY TO RUN THE UNIT WITH IT'S COVER OPEN.

Step 7
Clean the lens while the DVD player is open. A dirty lens is most likely the cause of your no-disc error. The lens should be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab.

Step 8
If none of this works, take your DVD player to have it professionally fixed. Onida should be easy as they have service centers in all cities.

Cheers

Hi,

I am not sure what the problem could be. As Onida is not a common DVD Player, I am not sure I can see the manual online. In any case I will try.

Do the following:

1. Check the manual and see whether the player is PAL or NTSC, or both. Check whether there is any way to set it to both.
2. Check that the region code is zero. Is there any way to set this?
3. Take a original DVD that is NOT DIVX or any other format. Just a simple DVD movie.
4. Check on the label whether the disc is NTSC or PAL. This should match the spec of the player.
5. Try this disc and see what happens.

Have you taken the player to Onida service center?

Cheers

Hi,

Looks like the DVD Board is on the blink. Even I had a similar problem with my Pioneer HTIB sometime back and the estimate for repairs was so high, with no guarantee either, finally disposed it off as scrap.

Hi,

I think I have to buy new player.

so pls. suggest me a cheap but reliable DVD player for 3.5k. with
better audio & video performance .

My preferences-sony,LG,samsung

I am not sure what the problem could be. As Onida is not a common DVD Player, I am not sure I can see the manual online. In any case I will try.

Do the following:

1. Check the manual and see whether the player is PAL or NTSC, or both. Check whether there is any way to set it to both.
2. Check that the region code is zero. Is there any way to set this?
3. Take a original DVD that is NOT DIVX or any other format. Just a simple DVD movie.
4. Check on the label whether the disc is NTSC or PAL. This should match the spec of the player.
5. Try this disc and see what happens.

Have you taken the player to Onida service center?

Cheers

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back