Onky0 3200/3100

Hello Rohit,

Last month I bought hts 3200 for 25k in Bangalore.

I m quite satisfied with the performance.

Hts 3100 u cn get for 17-18k in bangalore.

Yht 195's receiver is realy good but the speakers sucks.

Whereas in HTS 3200 I can assure you a better speaker performance than YHT 195.

The choice is up to you and your ear is the best judge.

Denon DHT 390 is also you can have a look if u extend yr budget to 30k.

For hts 3200 there is no provision to attach to brackets.

So even i m puzzling how to do it.

U will not be provided with any Brackets with the box.

The wire given along with the box is very short so you have to decide on that.

let me know once u buy the system and its performance

:)

Hi Praveen,

Where did you buy it in Bangalore. Even I am looking for a HT system. I tried eZone and they were quoating 28K for Onkyo HTS 3200.

audyssey will work for some extent.. If your room size is small.

It is of no use and if your room size is very large or big again its of no use.

If you like sony .. Better go with sony... Again its upto your ears who is gonna decide....

Sony is n't very cheap brand. Its worth for its price tag... Ofcourse reliability will be more when compare to other brands like philips, samsung, LG.

You may have to sacrifice the sound quality....

This afternoon i went to a local store and compared
Sony DAV-DZ390K With Onkyo 3105 (Only ONkyo model available here)

Price:

Sony DAV-DZ390K @ 19K With Free HDMI Cable & Speaker Mount

Onkyo 3105 @ 16K

Performance:

The store guy just plugged a DVD player via RED/WHITE Audio cable into Onkyo 3105 and put LUCK BY CHANCE Audio CD and again put the same CD into Sony DAV-DZ390K.

Purely on the ground of what i heard there (without tweaking the settings)..... i must say...My ears found Sony's sound better then Onkyo because of the Bass and Treble Levels....

Onkyo was heavy on bass......
The sales guy also told me that... Sony is for Music and Movie... but Onkyo is best for Movies but Music listening may not be that amusing....

14'X16' room is just ok for both but Onkyo may create echo.....

Overall aajka visit was an ear-opener for me :)

as Mr.Praveen Raj always say "your ear is the best judge"....

M reaching Bangalore on 22nd for a week long trip... so my hunt for HT will continue there...

Guys do suggest me few stores in bangalore

Performance:

The store guy just plugged a DVD player via RED/WHITE Audio cable into Onkyo 3105 and put LUCK BY CHANCE Audio CD and again put the same CD into Sony DAV-DZ390K.

Purely on the ground of what i heard there (without tweaking the settings)..... i must say...My ears found Sony's sound better then Onkyo because of the Bass and Treble Levels....

Onkyo was heavy on bass......
The sales guy also told me that... Sony is for Music and Movie... but Onkyo is best for Movies but Music listening may not be that amusing....

14'X16' room is just ok for both but Onkyo may create echo.....

Overall aajka visit was an ear-opener for me :)

That sales guy needs to be fired. What a bunch of crap.

Get the Onkyo, in that price range, its a no-brainer. Search the forum for some of the best dealers in town, pros who know what they are talking about.

PS: There are times, even your ears can't be trusted. Guess the above experience was one of those rare unfortunate occasions.

Hummm......
well... point to ponder for me...

I called Croma Store Banglore
they said Onkyo 3200 sold out and only Onkyo 3100 is in stock @ 19K

So i called Onkyo Store Cunningham Road and spoke to Mr.David (Manager)
He said Onkyo 3200 is 25K

May i ask the basic difference between 3100 & 3105 (is it the black colour?)

as i said 3105 is available here @ 16K

and yes whats the spec difference between 3100/3105 and 3200 apart from the HDMI ports ?

thanks dasukhija. But 3200 also does switching only na? Its not doing any HDMI processing na?

Yeah I dont think it does any processing. But here is the problem - if you are going to use your laptop to watch some movies (especially the HD rips) - then you may not be able to use your 5.1 unless you route it through the Onkyo using HDMI port. I know a friend who faces this problem now and wished he had got the HDMI one.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back