Onkyo 3100 - yamaha hts195

naresh.chander

Which one is a better bet between the two? ONKYO 3100 - YAMAHA HTS195
Price in Chennai:-
Onkyo 3100 - Rs.21750/-
Yamaha 195 - Rs.23000/-

On having a demo - Onkyo had more clarity than other HTiB's within this budget. Yamaha sounded better on high end models.

What is the technical difference between these two models?
Is there any other dealer with a competetive price than what is available?

Regards,
Naresh

Which one is a better bet between the two? ONKYO 3100 - YAMAHA HTS195
Price in Chennai:-
Onkyo 3100 - Rs.21750/-
Yamaha 195 - Rs.23000/-

On having a demo - Onkyo had more clarity than other HTiB's within this budget. Yamaha sounded better on high end models.

What is the technical difference between these two models?
Is there any other dealer with a competetive price than what is available?

Regards,
Naresh

the yamaha yht 195 should be 21-22k and is better in performance to the onkyo 3100. The sattelites in both are average and the yamaha 363 avr that comes with the yht 195 can be used with other speakers like wharfedale for better than average stereo performance.

For movies both have near identical performance. I would say go with the yht 195 - having set 3 such systems i would say its vfm and a ideal package at 20-22k.

Hey I bought a YHT-195 a couple of weeks back from e-zone T Nagar for Rs.22945/-, am not sure if some other retailer stock it in Chennai other than Yamaha Music square and e-zone. So striking a better deal is tough unlike in places like Bangalore u can get it in Vijay and X-Cite in 21k -22k range. Try ur luck with all available retailers, i didnt take tht pain of visiting too many showrooms.
According to Onkyo people they have stopped production of 3100, they have come up with an upgraded version 3200 which is available in selected stores like Onkyo outlets, Viveks and few other retailers. The price quoted for 3100 is a tad higher, it was sold for 19 k some 6 months back. Check for HTS 3200 is JD electronics, they quoted something around 24.5 k.

As far as YHT-195 is concerned it has a powered sub, which is not the case with Onkyo's entry level products 3100 and 3200.

Hey I bought a YHT-195 a couple of weeks back from e-zone T Nagar for Rs.22945/-, am not sure if some other retailer stock it in Chennai other than Yamaha Music square and e-zone. So striking a better deal is tough unlike in places like Bangalore u can get it in Vijay and X-Cite in 21k -22k range. Try ur luck with all available retailers, i didnt take tht pain of visiting too many showrooms.
According to Onkyo people they have stopped production of 3100, they have come up with an upgraded version 3200 which is available in selected stores like Onkyo outlets, Viveks and few other retailers. The price quoted for 3100 is a tad higher, it was sold for 19 k some 6 months back. Check for HTS 3200 is JD electronics, they quoted something around 24.5 k.

As far as YHT-195 is concerned it has a powered sub, which is not the case with Onkyo's entry level products 3100 and 3200.

hi.. which one is better YHT - 195 or onkyo 3200.. reviews told 3200 performs better in music also.. where is that JD electronics or onkyo outlet in chennai?

hi.. which one is better YHT - 195 or onkyo 3200.. reviews told 3200 performs better in music also.. where is that JD electronics or onkyo outlet in chennai?

this is subjective - like saying who do you hate more - rakhi sawant for her antics or ekta kapoor for her serials :indifferent14:

Trust your ears but IMHO the YHT 195 is a better performer in music at least and in movies honestly I did not find much to chose from them.

guys wht is the price of onkyo 3200 and onkyo s5205 ? ( its launched now ) coz S5205 has powered sub...

I from tamil nadu / salem .. so help with the price and best outlet to buy ..

To thread starter , 3100 is outdated bro , so better go for 3200 , i am also planning to get onkyo 3200.

Last edited:
Thank You for the suggestions-
Onkyo 3200 comes to approx 25K.

Based on the specification between 3100 and 3200 - the only difference is that 3200 has a pass through HDMI (Video Only). If we already have a DVD Player with HDMI inputs, the usage of 3200 feature will be limited.

hi.. which one is better YHT - 195 or onkyo 3200

hey,
I feel speakers of YHT 195 is a setback. Because, both front and rear of Yamaha is having only One Way Speaker. Whereas, onkyo 3100 / 3200 is having two way.
Also, both Onkyo & Yamaha is having passive sub.

I auditioned Denon dht390xp @ Ezone, OMR Chennai for 30K. It has an active sub with two way speaker both in front and rear.
What say ?

YHT-195 has an active sub, which is what made me choose it over the comparable Onkyo models. The music performance is definitely better than the Onkyo -3105, in my opinion.

Overall, there is very little to choose between if movies is the primary objective. Look for better deals!

Hi Guys,
how about Yamaha YHT-292? any idea how it is? is this better or the onkyo 3200? Any suggestions for a good place to buy in Bangalore are also welcome.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back