Onkyo 876 v/s 906

organm

Hi,

I am getting very close to my receiver decision. I am now down to the Onkyo 876 v/s 906. I can source them for the following AUD prices:

* 876 $2000
* 906 $2800

Could someone please highlight the main differences between the two receivers please. I have picked up the following myself:

* Toroidial amp in 906 with a little more power.
* Internet radio in 906 (not an issue to me as I have apple TV)

Any other views would be appreciated on which way to go. Remember I am driving Polk RTiA9's on the front, CSiA6 centre and FxiA6 rears.

Thanks in advance for your views and help.

Mark

Hi,

I am getting very close to my receiver decision. I am now down to the Onkyo 876 v/s 906. I can source them for the following AUD prices:

* 876 $2000
* 906 $2800

Could someone please highlight the main differences between the two receivers please. I have picked up the following myself:

* Toroidial amp in 906 with a little more power.
* Internet radio in 906 (not an issue to me as I have apple TV)

Any other views would be appreciated on which way to go. Remember I am driving Polk RTiA9's on the front, CSiA6 centre and FxiA6 rears.

Thanks in advance for your views and help.

Mark

Go with 906 as 876 will not be able to drive your Polk Rti A9 based setup. I am running my Rti A7 based setup with 905 (see my signature)and very pleased with its performance but earlier I had a 705 which use to run out of gas when driven harder.
The main difference between 876 and 906 apart from your mentioned difference are separate power supply for Video and Audio circitury as well as a huge Toriodal Transformer which is just meant for driving your speakers, makes a lot of difference. There is a difference in the weight of the two units vis a vis 876 weights around 18kgs whereas 906 weights around 26kgs.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back