Onkyo AVX-391 for 31k, should I consider or go for Yamaha YHT 1840?

gourav

Need some quick response on this. I know Onkyo is pretty much not selling in India anymore. But I visited a Reliance Digital store where they had one Onkyo AVX-391 remaining.

They only have the last piece which is the display unit. They quoted 31200 for it and might go a little lower as well. Compared to the similarly priced Yamaha model, it has Bluetooth, which I definitely want, and USB, which is a good to have, though not necessary. I've also heard that Onkyo sounds a little better than Yamaha. I got a demo and did sound really nice. But unfortunately, couldn't compare it to the yamaha.

I understand that given the current state of onkyo, for all practical purposes, this product will have no warranty and I'm ok with that. So should I go for it or stick with Yamaha?

I understand that given the current state of onkyo, for all practical purposes, this product will have no warranty and I'm ok with that. So should I go for it or stick with Yamaha?
First confirm if it comes or does not come with a Warranty. I would not throw away money like that on a product with no warranty!

After looking around for a bit, I saw that this model is very similar to Onkyo HT S3800. I also noticed that quite a few people on Amazon have complained about major issues after 16-18 months of usage. Given that the product I'm getting isn't even box packed, I'm going to skip this and go for the Yamaha model.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back