Onkyo AVX-391 for 31k, should I consider or go for Yamaha YHT 1840?

gourav

Need some quick response on this. I know Onkyo is pretty much not selling in India anymore. But I visited a Reliance Digital store where they had one Onkyo AVX-391 remaining.

They only have the last piece which is the display unit. They quoted 31200 for it and might go a little lower as well. Compared to the similarly priced Yamaha model, it has Bluetooth, which I definitely want, and USB, which is a good to have, though not necessary. I've also heard that Onkyo sounds a little better than Yamaha. I got a demo and did sound really nice. But unfortunately, couldn't compare it to the yamaha.

I understand that given the current state of onkyo, for all practical purposes, this product will have no warranty and I'm ok with that. So should I go for it or stick with Yamaha?

I understand that given the current state of onkyo, for all practical purposes, this product will have no warranty and I'm ok with that. So should I go for it or stick with Yamaha?
First confirm if it comes or does not come with a Warranty. I would not throw away money like that on a product with no warranty!

After looking around for a bit, I saw that this model is very similar to Onkyo HT S3800. I also noticed that quite a few people on Amazon have complained about major issues after 16-18 months of usage. Given that the product I'm getting isn't even box packed, I'm going to skip this and go for the Yamaha model.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back