Yamaha YHT-1840 dilemma.

Sorry for Hijacking this forum, I myself am looking for a HT with budget of 50k. As the prices increased recently it's been difficult.
Can anyone here share some insights on pre owned htr n speakers? Are they worth it?

Also I am considering buying Yamaha V4A from europe and speakers 5.1 from India. Are there any value for money speakers available in the market for around 30K.

Thanks
Which country are you buying it from and who is getting it for you please? There are two advantages you need to consider when you buy in Europe. Most countries are 220V although other day I found a Poland Amazon listing at 110V. Secondly you might get a VAT refund. Someone on this forum clarified that residents cannot claim VAT refund - needs more research on the internet.

Most european countries are in the 20% VAT bracket. So assuming you get a VAT refund..you need to reduce the listing price by 15% to calculate actual landed cost in India.

In UK, I have seen Denon 1700X for 540 GBP..which post VAT refund will be in the 40K INR mark and this one is better than Yamaha V4A and is the best bargain I have seen. This Denon in India is sold around the 1lac mark with warranty (Profx) and 75K without warranty. Do check one of my posts last week about prices quoted by one dealer in Chennai with warranty and invoice.

Amazon Germany - Sony DH790 post VAT refund is around 30K INR

France seems a bit costlier

Which country are you buying it from and who is getting it for you please? There are two advantages you need to consider when you buy in Europe. Most countries are 220V although other day I found a Poland Amazon listing at 110V. Secondly you might get a VAT refund. Someone on this forum clarified that residents cannot claim VAT refund - needs more research on the internet.

Most european countries are in the 20% VAT bracket. So assuming you get a VAT refund..you need to reduce the listing price by 15% to calculate actual landed cost in India.

In UK, I have seen Denon 1700X for 540 GBP..which post VAT refund will be in the 40K INR mark and this one is better than Yamaha V4A and is the best bargain I have seen. This Denon in India is sold around the 1lac mark with warranty (Profx) and 75K without warranty. Do check one of my posts last week about prices quoted by one dealer in Chennai with warranty and invoice.

He is coming from Ireland, part which comes in Europe.
I have to check about the Vat refund, thanks for this valuable information.
Can you dm me the details of the dealer??

Please dm me the dealer details as well since I am also planning to get the AVR from UK

Ok!! Will do

540 here. had emailed them last week and they did confirm they will send VAT invoice so that you can claim refund at the airport

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for contacting Peter Tyson.

Due to the nature of availability of home cinema receivers, we are unable to offer any discount on these at the moment. I can confirm the price of £539.90 is for a brand new, sealed, boxed unit.

You would get the VAT details on the invoice and the amount would be £89.90.

Thanks!! Much appreciated.
Is Yamaha Ns -41..5.1 sound system ok with Denon 500bt??
Getting it for around 25k.
So the total cost would be 40k+25k which is about 65k.
Will the system be VFM??
As i am not able to take demo, I have to go by the community and informed members judgement.

Thanks

He is coming from Ireland, part which comes in Europe.
I have to check about the Vat refund, thanks for this valuable information.
Can you dm me the details of the dealer??
Ireland website

VAT is 23%..assuming you get a refund..Denon 2700 is 570 EUR = 45-46K INR

RIcher sounds has similar price

First of all thanks for all the suggestions.
I went for Yamaha HTP-3072, Htib.
Got a great deal from Reliance digital for 43K.

Anyone residing in delhi, and in need must visit the store, they may have more units.

Thanks

So yeah! After using Yamaha 3072 for some time, I am very happy with the Investment and product.
The dialogues are crystal clear and amazing sorround sound. No soundbar that I listened to could provide such high quality sound.

So yeah! After using Yamaha 3072 for some time, I am very happy with the Investment and product.
The dialogues are crystal clear and amazing sorround sound. No soundbar that I listened to could provide such high quality sound.
Great to hear that.
Can you please let me know the AVR model number in this htib? Is it HTR-3072?

Looking to buy 1840 as well. But it is out of stock everywhere :( Do you have any leads?
I don't want to buy it from amazon because it is 46k there. (My budget is around 30k)

Looking to buy 1840 as well. But it is out of stock everywhere :( Do you have any leads?
I don't want to buy it from amazon because it is 46k there. (My budget is around 30k)
I dont think you will get it for 30k anywhere else. Amazon offered it for 31.5k October first week. Its missed deal now

I am reviving this thread again. I am hoping the price would come down in amazon to around 30ishK (it did few backs and then gone up again)
I checked with their customer care and he confirmed there is 1 year warranty, plus there is option to take 1` year additional warrant for around 2K.

My current setup is with 8 Watts RMS per channel (4 channel) 18 Watts RMS center channel 22 Watts RMS subwoofer without a dedicated AVR.

Will YHT-1840 be a significant upgrade from above?

Note: I do not want to spend for a full fledged setup (separate speakers and AVR) right now.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back