Onkyo HT-R380 AVR - best settings possible?

bayankaran

Hello all:

I purchased an Onkyo HT-S3300 which has an HT-R380 receiver.

Quite pleased with the playback while watching video/films, but I am not sure what is the optimal setting for listening to audio and/or audio CDs?

For some reason I am not satisfied with the stereo output while playing audio CDs. I do not change the settings other than select 'Stereo' from the remote.

I am connecting the DVD player and the AVR with a regular AV cable through the Digital output option. Should I go for any high end cable for the COAXIAL jack.

When I connect the DVD player through HDMI and play an audio CD the sound lags/pauses/breaks after a few seconds...almost like HDMI connection makes the AVR expect a video signal and a stereo audio output confuses the unit.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Try to change the audio settings to suite your taste. Also upgrade the front LR speakers to good book shelf or floor standers if budget allows.

Did you try using the inbuilt audyssey calibration system, I have heard it works great fomr some rooms.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I expected too much out of this system for regular audio playback.
@baijuxavior
Floor standers or book shelves should make a difference.
@imgene
I did try the AUDYSSEY - I did not notice a noticeable change.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back