Onkyo HT-s3300 against HT-s3305

RetinalNV

Guys I have an urgent query as I need to make a decision on this.

I had finalized the HT3300 @ 23kunfortunately the dealer ran out of stock and was honest enough to say they only had the display unit left (he can source another piece from a vendor it would take a few days).

He has offered me the HT3305 @ 25k+Pioneer 220k DVD Player. The sales guy told me over the phone that the 3305 has HDMI and the 3300 doesnt? Whats that about? :confused:

After having done some comparisons I see that :
HT3300 - 110watt rms + Audyssey/Dyanamic EQ
HT3305 - 100watt rms (No Audyssey)

Otherwise the 2 are identical it appears?

The AVR remains the same, so the lower RMS rating is because they are supplying different speakers? Or have they modified the AVR and restricted it in some way?

both 3300 and 3305 has hdmi, i bought 3305 for my uncle for 24990 at ezone chennai ,the sub woofer is worst, it has no weight to withstand on its own it dances for a decent volume so i have hept a weight on it to stop dancing.3300 has 8" sub while 3305 has 6.1/4 sub, 10w/channel more in 3305.No Audyssey for 3305........
better go for 3300 which is ahead of 3305 and 2k saved........

Also Canduu I'd like to know what sort of tuning/settings were used on the 3305 you were running?

And guys nobody has any opinions?

Yes I was just wondering if the bouncing sub was due to the configurations or its an inherent design flaw.

In any case I will demo this one and try playing a sub demo disc with very low bass frequencies :p

Go for 3300. Audyssey helps a lot with configuration.

Both are approx 50W systems. Specs are misleading in this case.

110 and 100 watts is specified at:

1. 6 ohms AND
2. 1 KHz frequency

Usually its specified at full frequency and 8 ohms.

Many are complaining about audyssey leading to 'boom' effect but I guess its user configuration error.

Mind you this HTiB is going to be used in a less than optimal room size (19x14) but this is not being setup for A/V enthusiasts just my parents.

1. 6 ohms AND
2. 1 KHz frequency

Dman, should have checked carefully. I knew this from my car audio days.

i have 3200 , my sub is also dancing .. its just powerful and doenst have enought weight to pull it down.. i have kept it on a mat + few heavy books

1. 6 ohms AND
2. 1 KHz frequency

I also agree... Audyssey is a SUPERIOR FEATURE,,,
I suggest u to go with 3300

Onkyo HTS 3305 5.1 + Philips BDP 7500 Blu-ray Player

Hi everybody,
Today i came across one tempting offer.so really want expert advice on this.

The offer is from BigBazar-Ezone:-
Onkyo HTS 3305 5.1 channel Home Theatre System + Free Philips BDP 7500 Blu-ray Player for
29,590./-

Should i buy this.My requirement is mainly watching movie and room area is around 200 sqft.

Is it worth spending this much money or i should wait?

http://ezone.futurebazaar.com/Produ...+Free+Philips+BDP+7500+Blu-ray+Player/2450771

Re: Onkyo HTS 3305 5.1 + Philips BDP 7500 Blu-ray Player

Hi everybody,
Today i came across one tempting offer.so really want expert advice on this.

The offer is from BigBazar-Ezone:-
Onkyo HTS 3305 5.1 channel Home Theatre System + Free Philips BDP 7500 Blu-ray Player for
29,590./-

Should i buy this.My requirement is mainly watching movie and room area is around 200 sqft.

Is it worth spending this much money or i should wait?

http://ezone.futurebazaar.com/Produ...+Free+Philips+BDP+7500+Blu-ray+Player/2450771

Not worth it even with the free BD player thrown in. HTS 3300 is much more advanced than this. I think you would get a fair idea which one to buy if you read this thread from the beginning.

Reliance was selling the 3305 @ 25100/- including a free dvd player.

Along with 1000/- discount for mastercard payment + exchange of DVD player the total came to 20500/-

I did not see the reasoning to pay 3000inr more for the Onkyo 3300. IMHO Possibly only the subwoofer performance maybe better due to its weight and design.

I'm not saying the 3300 is better or 3305 is inferior but the 3k savings allows me to get better speaker wire and the remaining was used to buy a Samsung BD 5500 player :)

Also the demo at these stores always sounds horrible and harsh as they boost bass and treble.

Initial impression of the 3305 isn't bad, iv used the crossover to cut the sub at 80hz so it isn't boomy and it hasn't danced like some have stated. Of course its not going to be able to play house/trance beats but it handled the dark knight decently enough for my demo at home.

Hi Guys - thanks for sharing all your expert views! I almost picked one 3305 with phillips BR DVD Player from e-Zone Bangalore yesterday. After looking at the system I felt very excited but when I tried to check the Sub, i felt there is something missing. It was very light weight to be even considered as a Sub. As commented by a lot of folks here, I could guess the performance of the speakers. Hence I did hold my thought, researched a bit on the net & the truth was infront of me :). Thanks All.

Then I went to Modern World, they say they are the main distributors for Onkyo Products in Bangalore & no one can offer better prices than them. I dont know if that true but I liked their demo rooms & the way they have shown me the difference between 3305 & other receivers.

They are suggesting 3300 instead of 3305. Reason better performance of the speakers. Cost of both are same: Rs. 24990. With a Phillips BR dvd Player it comes up to Rs. 29990.

The other offer they have is : TXSR 307 receiver + SKSHT 728 Speakers for: Rs 35990 (This definitely is a better system all together) Because this has an Active Sub of 290 watts, two tower speakers, two surround & one center speaker. Overall the performance was nice. I am not sure if this is the best price though?

Can someone tell me if there is anyother place in Bangalore where I can get a better deal than this. 3300 for Rs 23000 sounds really good. May I know where is it available?

Thanks all.
Rajesh.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back