Onkyo HT-S3700 or Yamaha YHT-1810

raghav3276

Hello friends,

I am new to HifiVision and this is my first post.

I am from Hyderabad and planning to buy a good home theater system for my room. This would be my first one!!

My budget is around 30k

I've narrowed it down to two choices :
Onkyo HT-S3700 : HT-S3700 | ONKYO Asia and Oceania Website
Yamaha YHT-1810 : YHT-1810 - Home Theater Packages - Yamaha - India

I see that Onkyo binds a lot of technologies within its AVR(HT-R393), when comapared to the Yamaha AVR But, as a general comparision, I've seen reviews regarding the quality of Onkyo products like over heating of AVR, cable quality, etc.

Are there any other HT packages out there, which are better in the price range mentioned?

I am planning to connect the AVR to my PC through HDMI(NVIDIA graphic card). So, which one should I look into?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I also want good HT for my 17 X 11 hall.
I also confuse between these two my main use is to watch movies.
waiting for replay.
I m not able to audition any of them.
but I listen to yamaha yht-198 and 299.
Denon X500.
I m from Surat, Gujarat.

I don't have any idea about the Denon system but if it is a tie between YHT1810 and YHT299, go for the latter since it is newer. YHT299 has a USB input too and a 4K pass as well. In terms of price there shouldn't be much of a difference. I got a 299 a month ago for 34k; many have got this recently for as much as 30K.

Hello guys,

It is time to revive this old thread. I have the same confusion. Today, I checked Yamaha 1810 and Onkyo 3700.

Yamaha had too much treble by default that I did not like. Even after decreasing it to -6dB, it sounded prominently.

Onkyo had less treble and more bass. Bass could be controlled as per my liking.

I also checked Yamaha YHT299 at RD. It did not sounded better than computer speakers. I assume the setup was bad not Yamaha model.

Yamaha YHT 1810 and Onkyo HTS 3700 both costs 30k with free installation. Yamaha YHT299 is available online for 35-36k, in shop for 37k.

I need advice.

Hello guys,
Yamaha had too much treble by default that I did not like. Even after decreasing it to -6dB, it sounded prominently.
That's due to poor/small satellite speakers.I checked Yamaha YHT296 which sounded bright with default speakers.Connected other BS and sound was better.Even tried its headphone out which sounded warm.

That's due to poor/small satellite speakers.I checked Yamaha YHT296 which sounded bright with default speakers.Connected other BS and sound was better.Even tried its headphone out which sounded warm.

When you say 'bright', do you mean 'high frequency/treble'?

Is there a typo with Yamaha model name? YHT196/YHT299...

Any advice for Onkyo? I do not see HT-S3700 online, but I do see HT-S3500. For me, HT-S3700 has a lot of features, except "an output for active subwoofer".

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back