Onkyo Ht-S6300...need help

@ Vinod.R, thanks for your inputs. You're helping me and prasad out a great Deal. I will be having a similar setup as Prasad. But I am still to cross many hurdles...

getting the HRiB from US else
Arranging the money to buy it from India. and so many others.....

My cousin has ordered HTS6300 from ebay for 30190 but the seller was unable to send it within the time frame and the order got canceled .Now he is looking for some other seller with lowest price (or he might again place order with same seller but no sure as of now ).
Let you all know further proceedings.

Hello,

Any updates???

Hi,

You can go for JBL 5.1 Speakers (SCS200.5) should cost you around 18-20k & you can get yamaha rxv467 around 22-23k. Speakers & woofer are great & sounds well.

Prasad, what did you decide finally for your HT then?

Hi,

I have decided to buy Denon 1611 with Polk RM 6750 which will cost around 45.5K. I shall buy the HT it in next month. But i have a concern that i have a pet at my home & he might scratch & tear the grill of the subwoofer anytime while playing :sad: hence confused with it. May be also ill go for JBL speakers & woofer.

what about you...

I am lagging behind, due to some other expenses using my HT kitty, I had to wait for a while. I have decided to chuck the idea of getting the 3300/5300 from US. I will rather buy it in India itself. Now someone suggested me if I can stretch my budget a little bit, I can go for the exact Yamaha + Polk combination that you're suggesting.

However, a good friend, also on HFV said somethign pretty logical. I am in a moving job and still in a rented apartment. He refrained me from investing a huge sum of money in something right now which may not be a good fit in the next house I go to. Per him, I can easily and safely invest in a 3300 for now. And later when I have a dedicated HT room, or even my living room, which I can design per my needs, ideally then, I should be investing in high end (than Onkyo) and more expensive stuff.

It makes perfect sense for me. So for now I just need to take a few more good demos of the 3300 (which I haven't till now), calibrate it a bit with my media, and then go for it.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back