Onkyo HT-S9100THX- 2 opposite reviews

hemantwaghe

Banned
Banned
Guys Onkyo HT-S9100THX is mentioned 2-3 times in this forum for BEST htib by CNET
This is the review

Onkyo HT-S9100THX Home Theater System reviews - CNET Reviews

The good:
Outstanding audio quality; 7.1 surround sound speaker system with full-size speakers and subwoofer;

The bad:
Upconverting video quality is mediocre; speakers are large and boxy,

Immidiatly some members & ex members claimed it is the best!!

Now uk issue of what hi fi reviewed in Nov 2008 issue and it awarded it ONLY 3 stars !!!
It said --- This system offers a heck of a lot for the money, but the overall sound delivery is too much of a compromise--and Poor speakers let down decent 7.1 hardware!!

Onkyo HT-S9100THX review - whathifi.com

For
Excellent specification, from upscaled 1080p pictures to HD audio support and 7.1 speakers; DVD player and receiver are very capable performers
Against
Speakers let the side down with poor weight, punch and dynamics; distinctly budget looks and build

now these are conflicting reviews.omment on audio quality is most conflicting!

Now personally what hi fi being AV mag I find it's review more reliable than CNET

AND AGAIN - my suggestion - read as many reviews as possible -but trust your ears ,eyes & senses only!!! In fact I strongly recommand to have an audition before buying!!

Reviews can depend on cables used,display & other factors too.
personally I didnt like it due to heavy sound & sub is not to the mark.

Last edited:
I think HTIB is revieed with bundled cables!!
I am again doubtful about CNET's acessment as Hi end hi fi is not their game:eek:

Thanks due.
Anyway I was just providing info-- I am not buying it or no immidiate plans to buy it.
I'm not commercially ,emotionally or physically related to onkyo or it's enemies :lol::eek:hyeah:

Anyway Incresingly you can see that non AV magzines / Sites reviewing AV gear. ( Like Lifestyle mags,techtree ,cnet etc.) What our everyone's take on such reviews??

Anyway I,ve seen "reviews" of bose only in such magzines onl!!:cool:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back