Onkyo HT S9100THX

audiofiliac99

Dear all,

After doing a lot of research & from budget considerations, I have finalized Onkyo HT S9100THX as my entry level HTIB.

Eperienced forum members please comment. Is equipment exchange possible for future audio upgrades??

Congrats! How much did you pay for it?

The best choice if you have a budget constraint. Also, the best HTIB, I have come across. Change the cables and it will sound even better.

ENJOY!

Yup ,for sure u can upgrade the speakers and sub in future ,its not entry level boss ,its the best htib onkyo ever produced ,good choice for a htib....

I havn't yet purchased it man:sad:............just finalized the thing........just one querry.........what kind of interface would connect the speakers to the AVR in this case??............tosslink, coax digital or TRS3.5mm??......in future planning to replace the front channels with polk RTi floorstanders & sub with a polk psw125........is the receiver future proof??.........please comment

what kind of interface would connect the speakers to the AVR in this case??............tosslink, coax digital or TRS3.5mm??
just ordinary speaker cable.
never heard of such things used to connect avr to speaker.

onkyo 9300 is now available in india you can check onkyo india offical website face lift of 9100 , u can audition it ,

it uses Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs (PCM1690) for All Channels which is not availble in 9100 model............

ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND - INDIA

80k is too much man.......i thought 9100 or 9300 would cost in 55k-65k range based on 50k quoted on naaptol.com.....wouldn't they come for this much money??:sad:

Naaptol price is just a conversion of US prices for the same.
These HTiB are not available for that low a price. The breakup is as follows:

3300 - 25k
5300 - 50k
9300 - 80k

Above prices vary from region to region and from one dealer to the other.

what ????

you want to replace the monstrous beefy sub with that of a polk 125w

downgrade from 290w to 150w ???

and polk responds max outs at 32.. whereas that thing can do 20hz .. really can give you vibes.. i was quoted 65k i guess in hyd last year at TMC..

however if you are planning to spend 80-85..

rather get a denon and a speaker combo..

thanks a lot for the enlightenment guys!!!!!!!!:signthankspin:

Will come back after some more research......

btw, will the onkyo's "beefy" sub give out frequencies so low that they would be conducted through the floor & bones & eventually reach heart??

U will get everything u needed in a sub that really goes to 20hz ,if u want to buy a sub which handle 20hz then u have to pay 30k+ for sub alone.

In fact i just said abt polk subs as an example........i wont do such downgrade........wats mostly in my plan is to have replaced front channels in onkyo 9300 htib with polk rti or tsi series monsters.........when i (or anyone else for that matter) will enter the room, the appearance of these daities should make them feel small.......when i will play "deeply disturbed" by infected mushrooms on such a system (system??, they are my family) the onset of beats should offend the visitors (becoz of the feeling in the gut, of course)........IS IT POSSIBLE??

onkyo hts9100thx sub specifies 20hz-100hz.......is onkyo true to their promises??

do u have a recommendation for an entry level htib?

no compromise on the "bass feelings" pleez........:D

Martin logon dynamo 700 sub's specs say that

its freq response is 24200 Hz 3dB; does that mean that the sub coming with 9100 onkyo is better than ML ? the ML costs a bomb ( must be approx 45K INR)

if that is the case then does that mean 9100 HTIB may be better than may entery level AVR + Speakers.. !! :)

Quality of a sub doesn't means only frequency response. But, 20hz in a HTIB sub to me is unheard of except Onkyo's 990,9100, 9300.

Had it not been the price being high it would have sold like hot cake over any brand's HTIB.The price tag makes it comparable to AVR & separates.That is the problem.
Give an audition to this sub.It will beat POLk 125 anyday.

thanks a lot.......but i just gave sub as an example......i think i have to do a lil more research.......

in fact, i m planning to replace s9300thx fronts with polk floorstanders in the future........no interests in multizone capabilities......no games....only movie music n' masti!!!!!!!!

guys,

suppose i buy an "onkyo s9300thx" now & replace fronts with polk floorstanders, center channel with a polk one, is the s9300thx AVR ready to take all that and dish out stuff at these speakers in their full capacity?

Why dont you just buy a decent AVR + 2.1 for now and later upgrading it to a 5.1 ( instead of buying a HTIB now and then replacing fronts and center speaker? you wont get good value / price if you are thinking of selling those in future when you replace them with polk. )

Back