Onkyo HTIB or DIY 3.0 setup?

Rgn1

Hey guys,

I was in the market for my first good setup, and was considering HTIBs like the Onkyo 3400. But I saw a group buy effort here http://www.hifivision.com/diy/19688-best-ever-deal-loudspeaker-kits.html and I am tempted by the promise of better quality of sound at a better value.

I would very much appreciate your advice on the below areas as I am still very new to this :).
I have a limited budget, and hence it looks like I can currently go in only for a 3.0 setup (as the rear surrounds costs $200 and the sub is also costly :sad:).

How would the 3.0 performance be for music? Would it compromise on separation and sound-stage? Would it muddy up the clarity? Similarly, how would a 3.0 setup be for movies? Would it again loose out on separation and clarity? will this 3.0 performance be better than the Onkyo HTIB, or will I be better off buying the HTIB...

Can I pair these with an AVR like the Denon 1611 or the 1911, will they be able to drive these speakers?

Can I at a later stage buy non - DIY surrounds and Subs? Will the match with the DIY fronts and center speakers?

Thanks in Advance,
Cheers!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back