Onkyo HTS 3200 OR Yamaha YHT 195

Praveen Raj

Hi Guys,

I have been visiting this forum for the past one month and its very useful.

Thanks for your valuable contributions.

Pls suggest me between HTS 3200 and YHT 195 .

Kindly let me know the technical differences between this two from speakers to amplifier.

HTS 3200 is 660W N YHT 195 is 500w How far it will affect my home theater experience?

My room size is close to 320 sq ft.

I m so confused and i m planning to buy tomorrow, so kindly advice me on dis

Cheers,
Praveen

Cheers,
Praveen

TO save you heart ache I suggest holding off unless there is a pressing need to buy. You must be fully aware of your likes/wishes before making an AV purchase. Otherwise you may tend to regret thinking what you might have missed in other options.

Hi Guys,

I have been visiting this forum for the past one month and its very useful.

Thanks for your valuable contributions.

Pls suggest me between HTS 3200 and YHT 195 .

Kindly let me know the technical differences between this two from speakers to amplifier.

HTS 3200 is 660W N YHT 195 is 500w How far it will affect my home theater experience?

My room size is close to 320 sq ft.

Cheers,
Praveen

Hi

As per marsilians's suggestion pls go thru the various posts on this topic elsewhere in this forum b4 u go ahead with ur purchase.Pls do not spend ur money in a hurry.
Will u be using ur system more for music or movies ? what %age of ur time would be music and what %age would be movies?
regards

Thanks for your reply.

I have already taken d demo of HTS 3200 and HTS 5205

I m not satisfied with the sound of SONY n other commercial DVD home theaters.

HTS 5205 is beyond my budget.From 20 K budget i have dragged it to 25K now.

So kindly help me conclude.

I will postpone my date of purchase then.

Praveen, you seem to be making the same mistake a lot of people are making. Buying an HTIB for 70% is silly. You should look for a decent two channel amplifier and good booskhelves that can deliver music to you well. Look for the Norge amp that will fit within your budget (10K). CA has a pair of bookshelf speakers under 9000. The two together would work well for you. For source, since you have a budget constraint, go for a DVD Player such as the Pioneer DV-220 (about 4K) that has decent enough specs for audio delivery. Spend a 1000 or so on cables and interconnects and you are all set.

I would suggest you go and audition a good two channel system to understand what you will be missing if you go for an HTIB.

Since you are interested in movies only 30% of the time, a decent 2 channel system will suffice. Later on when you have more money, you can buy a simple AVR and build a good 5.1 system as well.

Cheers

Venkat ,

I thought like i can upgrade once i have sufficient budget for this.

from the threads i could see that the speakers of yht 195 is not that great it seems.

I will take a demo today.

Will look into two channel systems as well.

Guys i took the demo of YHT 195.

The sub woofer performance is realy good. But the speakers are not as good as Onkyo HTS 3200.

Kindlly let me know for future upgrading which one is the best option 3200 or 195?

The sub woofer of yht 195 is 60w or 100 w?

In e zone its 60w where as in yamaha showroom its 100w.

Y is this difference?

The pricing also 26k in e zone bangalore and 35k in yamaha show room.

Kindly comment on this.

The pricing also 26k in e zone bangalore and 35k in yamaha show room.

Kindly comment on this.

Reliance digital guys say that they get imported sets of 195 where yamaha india is providing made for india sets. Technically there is no difference but ya it saves 10K between the two.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back