Onkyo hts 3400

Taking the hassle out of home theater, Onkyo presents the HT-S3400 package: a full-featured A/V receiver coupled with a quality six-piece speaker set. To handle the latest Blu-ray, gaming, and cable/satellite devices, the receiver sports four new HDMI inputs. HDMI opens the way to lossless, high-definition audio from Dolby and DTS, as well as immersive new 3D video content. It also supports a convenient Audio Return Channel from a compatible HDTV back to the receiver. Handy analog audio and video inputs on the receivers front panel make it easy to hook up your video camera or game console. And rounding out the connection highlights is a Universal Port that lets you connect peripherals such as an optional iPod/iPhone dock.

31sT8Z5YvXL.jpg

The 3400 AVR has two optional, speaker connectivty ports. Can it be hooked up and made into a 7.1 system, if not then what the speaker ports given for?

Hi all,
After reading all the reviews abt onkoyo s3300 & s3400 i made up my mind for onkoyo s3400.
and went to vijay sales in mumbai and had a demo of s3400 along with yamha yht 292 as those models were within my budget of 25k.
Honestly i felt sound quality of yamaha was better than onkoyo also a 1k less, the looks of yamaha woofer was also better. this added to my confusion.

guys plz let me know the pros & cons of these two models. and suggest me which 1 shud i buy.

(I am not going to upgrade my Tv for atleast 3-5 years so no 3D option required for me. will mostly b used for watching movies /games/music)

Last edited:
Has anyone tried this
PS3 - Audio setting - PCM
Onkyo HTS 3400 - Multichannel PCM.

Get a Region Free blu ray disc, play it on PS3 and send the audio PCM via HDMI to Onkyo HTS 3400.

hi all the gurus
i just visited recently to "the shop " in mumbai , was amazed to find a quality sound difference between onkyo 3400 v/s jbl cinema 300 and harman kardon AVR 134 .
was very much interested in avr 134 jbl combo as it had a great quality difference both in terms of music and movies.
but was sad on knowing that it doesnt support 3d and bluray , and hdmi format.

pls gurus, put some light on how to the same quality of sound with a different avr, which supports 3d, bluray and hdmi, and goes well with jbl cinema 300 speakers.

thank u all of u.

also will it make sense to buy harman kardon avr 2600 which is 7.1 channel and connect with jbl cinema 300 . which is 5.1 channel speaker

and in future can i add a pair of jbl speaker to make cinema 300 in to a 7.1 channel.

avr 2600 is 110 watts and is available in usa amazon in indian 18000/-Rs. , my friend can carry it along.

thank u and regards.

I may not be able to throw much light on the comparisons between the models you pointed.

But, i have bought the Onkyo 3400 recently and its good for music and okay for movies. but for 25k you can't expect more.. huh ? :)

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back