Onkyo HTS 5105 buy in Europe

vikas.namdeo

Hi All,
I have purchased Onkyo HTS 5105 @360 euro & i got the Onkyo DVD player free. And i have few queries, if some one cud reply back, it ll be a great help.
1) I will carry AVR & DVD player in my hand luggage while coming back to india. is there any extra care i need to take?
2) i will keep Subwoofer & 5 audio box in back luggage,is there any extra care i need to take?
3) Is it a gud deal, compare the price in India?
4) Any extra device require to run this System in India?

i ll be looking forward to hear from the experts of this vast group of music enthusiast :).

--Vikas

1) I will carry AVR & DVD player in my hand luggage while coming back to india. is there any extra care i need to take?
AVR will be too heavy to carry in hand baggage, you'll most probably have to check it in, plan for the same. Carrying a DVDP in hand baggage should not be an issue.
2) i will keep Subwoofer & 5 audio box in back luggage,is there any extra care i need to take?
It is suggested that you retain the original packaging of the speaker set and check in the speakers using the same, ask the airlines staff to mark it "fragile".
3) Is it a gud deal, compare the price in India?
Since you have already bought it, don't worry too much about the deal and enjoy your system...
4) Any extra device require to run this System in India?
You don't need any voltage converters, assuming the country where you bought this has power rated at 220V .

thanks alot for quick response :)

I bought in Vienna (Austria)..they gave 3 yrs warranty across the globe..
Do we have any onkyo dealer in Mumbai, who can support this?

EURO 360 = approx INR 25K. I had bought mine in India for INR 27K in Nov 08. Now it is INR 33K. So you have a reasonably good price & the free DVD player is a bonus.

AVR itself weights about 10.5 kgs, just ensure that you stay within your cabin baggage allowance or don't "show" that you are carrying something heavy. It would have ideal inside checked-in baggage, but of course it depends on your situation.

The sub-woofer has very pointed corners, So ensure that you pad them properly with sponge/ tape. The sub-woofer is down firing and exposed from below below. So ensure that diaphragm is protected while packing.

Ensure adequate padding with clothes inside your bag, so that the units do not move when the suitcase is shifted/ dumped.

I think this will be 220V. Max you may require converter plugs to fit electrical sockets here. This will be available in locally in Mumbai.

hi reju,
could you please explain this sentence a little more..
"The sub-woofer is down firing and exposed from below below. So ensure that diaphragm is protected while packing."

How m i suppose to keep woofer in my luggage..any thing specific for diaphragm ?

thx for reply

This picture should explain:

1zwya8m.jpg

The HTiB literally comes in one huge box. Approx size is 80x50x45 cms (HxWxD) I am not sure if airline will allow box of this size as checked in baggage.
Each of the 3 components i.e. 1. AVR, 2. sub-woofer and 3. speakers have further individual thermocol frame packaging, tightly fastened by nylon straps.

thx alot for pic & clarification, i ll carry this in chekd in luggage, only thing i have to loads of padding for this..thx otherwise i cud have damage this :)..

If you are travelling from Europe to India, typical check-in baggage allowance is 20 to 30kg per person. The charges for additional luggage in the Europe sector are exorbitantly high (compared to USA). Check with the airlines on the rates for additional baggage and also the limits on the dimensions of baggage that you could check-in.

yeah, mine luggage limit is 30Kg, so i will not be carrying the all packed boxes, it will only be the system in my suitcase( a big one)..:)
ll mark my suitcase as fragile so that ll help..and i ll keep AVR & DVD player in hand luggage..they wont weigh the hand luggage.. hope while going back ll have the same exp. so my life ll be easy..:)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back