Onkyo Receiver repair in chennai

kams

Friends,

I have Onkyo AVR model TX-SR 674 (2007 model). Recently it died and blinking in StandBy/ON mode. I spoke to Onkyo authorized service center and they said it cannot be repaired here since it was purchased in USA .

It has to be repaired as I cannot buy a new AVR atleast for another one year :sad:.

Please let me know where i can do repair/service in chennai.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Kams

Unfortunately you have very few options. Look for dealers (not Onkyo itself) who deal with Onkyo products and check with them.

Cheers

you can reach power electronics, mount road.
they are experts with reasonable fees.they done excellent/professional job on some of my equipemnts

At last this issue has been fixed. It was fixed by a person in Royapettai area.His name is Ameen. He is running a small service shop dedicatedly for AVR and DVD players.

I got his contact from Richie street. He fixed it in one hour time with reasonable cost.

He said the root cause for this issue is some fungus problem.

Anyway Its perfectly working now.

Thanks for all your guidance and help.

Cheers,
Kams

Good to know there are competent third-party folks around. It beats me why Onkyo would not even want to undertake a paid repair. I am in fact looking to buy an Onkyo TX-8050 from overseas but have developed cold feet after I was told by Onkyo in Bangalore that they will not repair it. Any pointers to places in Bangalore who could undertake a repair? Also, some Harman HK 3700s are also available for import at a decent price. How difficult would it be to get paid repair from Harman in India?
Thanks - Ram

Hi, has anyone else contacted Ameen for ARV service? Recently I brought one onkyo receiver from US and it not working (no sound), looks something happened during transit!
Just want to know if Ameen has solved someone else receiver too

Thanks, patka

Hi, has anyone else contacted Ameen for ARV service? Recently I brought one onkyo receiver from US and it not working (no sound), looks something happened during transit!
Just want to know if Ameen has solved someone else receiver too

Thanks, patka
this is a 2yr old thread. Get intouch with Power Electronics. They are good

this is a 2yr old thread. Get intouch with Power Electronics. They are good
Thanks, do you have any contact details of Power Electronics?

you can reach power electronics, mount road.
they are experts with reasonable fees.they done excellent/professional job on some of my equipemnts

Hi, are you referring 'Power Electronics Industries' at No. 4, Seeyali Amman Koil Street, Mount Road, Mount Rd, Chintadripet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600002 OR something else?
Thanks

It's the same. The address above is their showroom's address. The service center is at No. 2, Seeyali Amman Koil Street, Mount Rd, Chintadripet, Chennai. The service guy's name is Muthukumar. He is good.

hi,
Last year I went to Ameen's shop to repair my AVR. He did the job in 1 hr. same contact number as mentioned above.

best of luck

hi,
Last year I went to Ameen's shop to repair my AVR. He did the job in 1 hr. same contact number as mentioned above.

best of luck
Good to know that Ameen repaired your AVR. I am planning to take mine one and see if he can.
By the way what issue/problem your AVR had? Was it minor or any major like chip change etc?
Thanks

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back