Onkyo rocks!!!!!.....DOLBY PLIIz Height...new technology

mechmohra

:yahoo: Onkyo's TX-SR607 is the first reciever to featue DOLBY PLIIz Height...A new technology from Dolby Labs....

Dolby Pro Logic IIz introduces a new dimension to home theater listening through the addition of front height channels, creating a 7.1 or 9.1 playback system that enhances the spaciousness of music, movies, and video games.

Dolby Pro Logic IIz 7.1Through the addition of a pair of speakers above the front left and right speakers, Dolby Pro Logic IIz introduces a vertical component to the horizontal soundfield of a conventional 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound system. The enhanced spatial effects bring an overall airiness to the listening experience, a new dimension of presence and depth.

With Dolby Pro Logic IIz, rain in a movie now seems to be actually falling on the listeners roof, concert videos bring a more intense sense of being at the performance, and orchestral works deliver more palpable depth, power, and connection.

In games, the added dimension increases the realism and immerses players more deeply than ever in the action.

Because it processes only nondirectional sounds for the height channels, Dolby Pro Logic IIz maintains the integrity of the source mix and the effects are always appropriate to the material. The added dimension complements the sound from the rear surround speakers, adding spaciousness while honoring the original intent of the content creator.

read more @ Dolby - 7.2-Channel A/V Receiver with Dolby Pro Logic IIz -*Onkyo TX-SR607 AVR

Last edited:
:yahoo: Onkyo's TX-SR607 is the first reciever to featue DOLBY PLIIz Height...A new technology from Dolby Labs....

Dolby Pro Logic IIz introduces a new dimension to home theater listening through the addition of front height channels, creating a 7.1 or 9.1 playback system that enhances the spaciousness of music, movies, and video games.

Dolby Pro Logic IIz 7.1Through the addition of a pair of speakers above the front left and right speakers, Dolby Pro Logic IIz introduces a vertical component to the horizontal soundfield of a conventional 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound system. The enhanced spatial effects bring an overall airiness to the listening experience, a new dimension of presence and depth.

With Dolby Pro Logic IIz, rain in a movie now seems to be actually falling on the listeners roof, concert videos bring a more intense sense of being at the performance, and orchestral works deliver more palpable depth, power, and connection.

In games, the added dimension increases the realism and immerses players more deeply than ever in the action.

Because it processes only nondirectional sounds for the height channels, Dolby Pro Logic IIz maintains the integrity of the source mix and the effects are always appropriate to the material. The added dimension complements the sound from the rear surround speakers, adding spaciousness while honoring the original intent of the content creator.

read more @ Dolby - 7.2-Channel A/V Receiver with Dolby Pro Logic IIz -*Onkyo TX-SR607 AVR

now if we only leave something for human ears to process. Just feel the HiFi community is following Microsoft Windows footsteps - giving people more unwanted options than necessary. But reviews will always be good. Anyway I hardly ever turn on Neo/PL II while watching a DVD or playing games. I really do not understand why it is being so hyped. I would rather prefer a better remote or analog preouts in the onkyo 606 in the price segment. More VFM.

Just my 2 cents.

Yamaha AVR also something called presence speakers that can be added to the front at a height apart from Front left and right speakers. How different is that from this?

Thanks,
Prakash.

those processing modes are for creating a surround sound from 2 channels. For most modern sources like dvd and games with 5.1 channel tracks or 7.1 lossless do not need these modes.

regards

Anyway I hardly ever turn on Neo/PL II while watching a DVD or playing games.
Just my 2 cents.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back