Onkyo Tx-sr 705 Price, Experiences

audiodelic

Hi
Anyone know the price for this unit ( onkyo TX-SR705) in India?
I plan on buying one and using it as preamp with my system.

I had a Onkyo TX-DS676 before, loved the sound paired with some Infinity reference series towers and speakers.

This time ill be using the onkyo for preamp duties only with a power amp .

Anyone have any experiences, info to share about this unit

Emotiva LPA-1 175 X 5, 100 X 2 @ 6 ohms with my speakers.
DSC07151.jpg

Emotiva Audio LPA-1

The onkyo is a little ot of my budget, its much cheaper in the u.s

Anyone know of any cheaper receivers in India with pre-outs, variable channel independent crossover, preferably hdmi 1.3.

Yamaha rxv661 doesn't have individual crossover settings for separate channels:confused:.

please do not equate US prices in India. Higher duties and massive overheads all add up to costs. Also companies want to just make 100% margin in some cases. You may not get the same features at the price you mentioned in India unless you try in the grey market.

Laksh

Hi audiodelic
Why don't you consider pre-amp of Emotiva itself as you are using a power amplifier of the same company
I am talking about MMC-1
I guess its almost the same price as the Onkyo you are considering, shipping would be obviously extra
I have never auditioned the Emotiva MMC-1, but i just thought about it since you are using a power amp from the same company.
Did you order your Emotiva power amp directly from the company? If yes how much did they charge for shipping and how is the performance?

Anyone know of any cheaper receivers in India with pre-outs, variable channel independent crossover, preferably hdmi 1.3.

Quite a few AVRs will offer preouts and per channel x-over. But I doubt you can get something under 45k with HDMI 1.3. yes, grey market may be an answer.

Hi audiodelic
Why don't you consider pre-amp of Emotiva itself as you are using a power amplifier of the same company
I am talking about MMC-1
I guess its almost the same price as the Onkyo you are considering, shipping would be obviously extra
I have never auditioned the Emotiva MMC-1, but i just thought about it since you are using a power amp from the same company.
Did you order your Emotiva power amp directly from the company? If yes how much did they charge for shipping and how is the performance?

I ordered my Emotiva in the u.s.a and got it shipped to my uncles house who from there shipped it internationally to me .

I dont want to buy the mmc-1 since its not hdmi audio comaptible its an older generation pre pro. \
They are coming out with a new pre next month but its just such a hassle buying it in the u.s and sending it over. But the SQ on these pre's is in a different league.

But the SQ on these pre's is in a different league.

All the Emotiva products are so well priced. Pity that you cant buy it due to the shipping issues. And yeah, its a big hassle

Also your HSU sub is quiet good. There are not many subs costing under $1000 which can go down to 16hz.

All the Emotiva products are so well priced. Pity that you cant buy it due to the shipping issues. And yeah, its a big hassle

Also your HSU sub is quiet good. There are not many subs costing under $1000 which can go down to 16hz.

I know i bought all my equipment after years of research, a 1000 opinions by audiophiles all over.

Emotiva does make really good equipment for the money they're value priced but outperform lot of bigboys.

One of the members had a RX-Z9 top of the line yammy back in the day whose amp section is supposed to be considered uber.
The Emotiva LPA-1 outperformed it by huge margins and the customer still find its hard to digest that a 20K amp outperformed a 80K receiver.

Their higher lines the XPA series are monsters at 200W/channel @ 8 Ohms.
Their MPS line is class H and is known to be one of the most detailed amplifiers out there. Great Company, great prices, great c.s. Just wish they were in India. Emotiva Audio :: Audiophile Quality Home Electronics at Factory Direct Prices; Multi Channel Amplifiers, Sound Processors, and Award Winning Speaker Systems

The turbo extension on my sub will allow it play deeper low frequencies with more headroom. The subwoofer has flat freq response all the way to 250hz i believe.

DSC01470.jpg

It might not be the most good looking sub out there but i know its a performer.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back