onkyo tx sr 805

realactivex

Hi All,
Just spoke with Onkyo helpline. I was told that onkyo's 2007 AVR line up receivers are slowly trickling into india. Currently SR605 AND SR805 are available ( in bangalore, atleast)

I have not yet auditioned it, but the avsforum has a huge following for the 2007 line up. These receivers are very very different from their earlier versions. the 2007 line up is 605,705,805,875,905.

The good(?) news is that 805 retails around 75k here in india ( off the cuff price. can be negotiated further, i believe). The US prices are 800-900 USD.

I believe, this is a very strong contendor in the " future proof" category for the given price point.
i plan to own this or the 905(2 hdmi outs: 1 for tv, one for projector) by next march. ( saving money the hard way :-(
If anyone here auditions or owns this receiver ( 3 have been sold in bangalore till date) please update this post.
Regards
Murali

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back