Onkyo TX-SR304e: Sub-woofer with Speaker B option not working

mvasu22

Folks,

I have connected 2 Klipsch tower speakers (RF62) from my friend to my TX-SR304e as speaker "B" and when I play a CD with Direct ON settings, the tower speakers works but not the Subwoofer.

I read through the manual which states that if speaker B is connected then the speaker A moves into 2.1 channel. By 2.1 it means 2 speakers plus the sub in the output. Correct me if I am wrong here. In which case the sub should work.

My Question:
1. Is my connection wrong or some setup needs to be done?
2. Is there a way to fire the Subwoofer using speaker B setup which I am missing?

Thanks
-Vasu

Folks,

I have connected 2 Klipsch tower speakers (RF62) from my friend to my TX-SR304e as speaker "B" and when I play a CD with Direct ON settings, the tower speakers works but not the Subwoofer.

I read through the manual which states that if speaker B is connected then the speaker A moves into 2.1 channel. By 2.1 it means 2 speakers plus the sub in the output. Correct me if I am wrong here. In which case the sub should work.

My Question:
1. Is my connection wrong or some setup needs to be done?
2. Is there a way to fire the Subwoofer using speaker B setup which I am missing?

In "Direct" mode the Subwoofer is set to "Off" (since there is no/minimal audio processing involved in the AVR).
To use the Subwoofer with "B" speakers, you have to set "A" and "B" both to "On". Then select "Stereo" in "Listening Mode" from the remote.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back